Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

301 - 320 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: __*** DIY: BCM Turn Signal Fix ***__

Does anyone have any of the JJM1a-12v relays for the '05+ BCMs? If not, I'm thinking of ordering several and people can get them from me on here in the future. The shipping on them is WAY too high.
Thank-you, Anthony, for mentioning the different part no. for the newer Tibs. My 05 GT just started blinking faster on the left. The airbag light has been on for a while, and I read in another post that it might be connected to this relay as well.

Can someone confirm for me that Anthony's part no. is the correct relay for this DIY for 2005 and up? I see that Mouser has it, too, actually a little cheaper than the older one, with currently 42 in stock...

Thanks in advance-
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts

Would this work for the hazards and turn signals?

my turn signals and hazards do not work.. and it seems to be the only real electronic problem..

Thanks in advance for an answer!

·
Registered
79 Posts

Ok i just did this,blinkers working thank you for the guide saved me a lot of money. But now the left dome light wonr come on when i open the doirs.right dome light working fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts

the problems that i am having is that my hazards are stuck on as well as running and parking lights. i tried your DIY still have the same problem. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, just wanted to say that this worked for me, saving me a lot of $$. Cost me 7$ to solder/desolder + 11$ for the part. Just want to put a disclaimer for people that own a '05 Tibby:
YOU NEED A DIFFERENT RELAY than the one in the first post. It costs about the same.
I bought the '03 one and am currently returning it. Its half the size and a lot easier to solder.
THANKS!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, just wanted to say that this worked for me, saving me a lot of $$. Cost me 7$ to solder/desolder + 11$ for the part. Just want to put a disclaimer for people that own a '05 Tibby:
YOU NEED A DIFFERENT RELAY than the one in the first post. It costs about the same.
I bought the '03 one and am currently returning it. Its half the size and a lot easier to solder.
THANKS!

Did you change both relays or just the top one on the BCM module? My left signal light is stuck and i'm just wondering if i should change the top or bottom relay, or does it even matter?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I replaced both the relays and the good news it works...almost. The bad news is now the interior dash lights don't come on at all. The cigarette lighter lights up when I turn on the lights, but the instrument cluster, i.e. dash lights don't come on so I don't know how fast I'm going among other things at night. I went to the trouble of opening EVERYTHING back up, checked pcba for bad solder, connectors to make sure they were seated properly etc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys , its so frustrating . My right turn signal has been staying on now for a month. I need help. Is there anyone is South Africa that has a ep2 chip .

·
Registered
144 Posts
Another success story. Ordered the part from mouser, had a computer shop solder in the new relay, and just installed it with everything working. Saved me well over a ground.

Not enough thanks in the world for this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worked for me! My symptoms were no right signal at all (left side worked fine) and a clicking noise from the relay that started out at the normal frequency and became faster after about 2 seconds. All the light bulbs were good. Ordered the relay from Mouser. For less than $5...Why not??? Decided to take it to a local stereo installation shop for the soldering. The owner of the shop was super helpful and even stayed open late to finish the job for me. He told me he found corrosion under the old relay. Charged me $10. I would definitely recommend finding someone to replace the relay on the BCM. No risk of damaging the PCB and zero frustration. I agree completely with the other posts about taking your time with the plugs and also checking to make everything works before putting it all back together. This saved me big $. Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just an added tid bit. If you are scared about sauntering your BCM, go on ebay and find a used BCM for about $200-. Once you get it, pop it in and if it works, great! You now have time to fix your BCM. This way if you mess up during the repair, you have a solution already installed. Once your have gone through with the repair and the repair takes, return the BCM you purchased on ebay. Most sellers give you 14 days so you will need to make haste on the repair. This is exactly how I did it. I only have one car and couldn't afford a possible screw up. CYA!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 07 Tiburon Se. Right turn signal is now out and doing exactly as described. I read that It is a different part that is needed for the newer models. Does anyone have a link to this or a model number handy so I can order it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could some one help me out real quick.. I keep reading were one side of the turn signals don't work, or radio, but mine consist of the following

Windows, radio, sun roof, interior lights, turn signals, hazards, HVAC lights, The instrument panel lights don't work, n I don't know about my door locks, If I push the button they work but I don't have the keyless fobs anymore. Would this be the BCM

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks a ton for this DIY. My left blinker was sticking and sometimes would skip a blink. Bought the relay after searching for it online. A note to anyone desoldering the old relay, buy a desoldering iron that comes with a pump. A regular iron and desoldering braid and pump didn't work for me. Was a pita taking out the connectors and fuses out but very easy to put back. Blinkers are working normally now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would also like to add that the relay on mouser was on back order so I ordered from Jameco Electronics. Took about 2 weeks to ship. Bought 6 of them in case some of them got damaged during shipping. Cost me $32 with shipping.

301 - 320 of 396 Posts