Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

361 - 380 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did this fix a couple of weeks ago.

Got the part from ebay...about $15.00 shipped. Mouser was out of stock and didn't expect any for a couple of months.

I used desoldering braid and it took FOREVER...but it's done and everything works great!

Thank you sooo much for this thread.

What happened to the days of replacing a flasher module in minutes for a couple of bucks?

PS...just replaced the blower/fan switch yesterday...LOL

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this thread last year when my daughter's 05 Tiburon got stuck on the right blinker. I ordered the relay recommended and removed the BCM. Her BCM has two relays in the place indicated. Further inspection revealed water damage in the lower right corner of the circuit board. I ordered another BCM on eBay for $99 and replaced the old one. When installing the new one I found that a couple connectors on the back side had water damage too. But the "new" BCM worked fine (for 1 year) until last month when the car's lights started acting stupid. I have tried to seal around that side of the windshield to prevent a recurrence, but in vain. Now I have cleaned the "old" BCM with distilled water and a toothbrush and blasted it with compressed air and a hair dryer. Next to swap them out again and hope for the best. I will report back on the results....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just gave this a go at it. My blinker died and every nearby (+100 mi away close) BCM module was $105 plus.

$4 buck part + $15 solder fix. Mmmm feels so good!

Fingers still hurt though haha

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
If it's a Photobucket warning, do an Internet search for your web browser and Photobucket, there are browser addons that fix the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Followed the instructions and this worked for me! My cars right hand indicator was stuck on even when the car was off.

On the bcm board their are 3 relays (the 3 black boxes labelled 'NEC EP2-3L1T' or something similar), where the two relays are next to each other, is where the relay that controls the indicator is located. It is the relay that is at the bottom or the opposite side to the blue capacitors, from memory it was labelled relay 2 on the board. I actually just cut the top off my relay cleaned out the two separate sets of contacts with a knife and re fitted the board and it worked! Spent hours trying to work out which one it was cause all the photos have been removed...

As long as you can get the green bcm board out you can either clean the relay or order a new one. The part number for a new relay EP2-3N1ST which is apparently an upgraded version from the one that was originally on my board NEC EP2-3L1T so don't stress about that like I did. I saw that some boards had two small relays in place of one, in this case you can try cleaning them both or putting a new one in if it fits.

Removing the BCM board is a pain but using pliers and a flat head screwdriver you can wedge out the terminals from the board! The fuses on the front of the board which are numbered 15,20 (etc) are easily removed using a pair of pliers. Once you get the board out its a simple fix 9 times out of 10 it will be the relay, make sure you label everything so you know how it goes back. once the box is out wedging open the black box is also a pain be sure to remove all the components from the outside (fuses, the blue boxes, etc) with a bit of finesse and force the flathead will do the job. GOOD LUCK! hope this continues to save people from the sh*t, saved me over a $1000!!!!!!!

PULL THE NEUTRAL OUT ON THE BATTERY OUT BEFORE WORKING

Thanks to the legend who put this up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread but my wife has just encountered this problem on her '04 Tiburon.

Did anyone manage to save photos ro any other info on this. Everywhere that has photos they have disappeared and any link to PDF's on this search are also no good.

Any help appreciated.

361 - 380 of 394 Posts