Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 40 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: DIY: BCM Turn Signal Fix

This is four months after I did the DIY and it's still working!
Must be one of the most usefull DIY's on this forum

Thanks again!

VBR
Vic

·
Registered
7 Posts

So after about 3.5 hours of messing with this thing, I have just about as much solder removed as I possibly can and this stupid relay still won't detach itself from my over-priced circuit board. I have decided I am doing something wrong and am giving up for now, until I can seek professional help...DOH!

·
Registered
430 Posts

This is four months after I did the DIY and it's still working!
Must be one of the most usefull DIY's on this forum

Thanks again!

VBR
Vic

GLAD this diy is still helping people...you have to work the relay out. move it side to side with the soldering iron on the solder and it should work its way out. you have to keep the solder hot. if you dont it will harden up and keep the relay stuck to the board.

·
Registered
7 Posts

This DIY is pretty amazing and has probably saved several thousands of dollars by now. After finishing (finally), my right turn signal is now unfrozen and works again...my left blinker, however, does not. It doesn't do anything, not even the indicator on the gauge panel works. I seem to be an expert at breaking one thing while fixing another. Any ideas of what I may have broken? Thanks all.

·
Registered
81 Posts

did you mess a lot with the old relay to take it off?cause you might made a damage to the pcb...if not,and hopefully you solder the new one ok,check that you 've putted everything back and also all the plugs on the bcm...good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts

:3_winkthu hi all, tnx so much for this great DIY, I recived the relays from Mouser
in just 4 days (I live in Sicily) and I am going to replace them. after that I'll go to the hyundai service with the burned relay!!! Hey men I saved € 900 (Euro) almost $ 1.300 USD. The relay could be easly reparate but it isn't a good thing to do in the BCM so better to replace them 2 .
I'll say if it will work again (I am sure yes):3_winkthu :3_pimatyo

·
Registered
152 Posts

My left signal died today and I knew right away it was the BCM but didnt know it could be fixed so easy. Thanks for the great DIY you saved my a$$. Im getting a new house and 700-900 bucks is more than I can fork out.

·
Registered
12 Posts

board works fine, i put it back in.
i'll just continue to wave my arms at people i guess :)
lol i had to do the same thing in my old Elantra, with my case tho both left and right went out on me... people in my area didn't even know what the arm signals meant (turning left arm full out pointing left, turning right arm straight up) got pulled over for it once to, lol

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Awwwwww man this sucks,i was at work getting ready to goto lunch,start my car and my turn signals start buggin out, and i'm like what the hell is going on now. i love the car but damn i think the 03 is the worst of them all. its an electrical nightmare. changed my door acuators,and window motors at least once in each door. i'm buggin out and now this,its got me pissed. i've never had such bad luck,and not so sure i can fix this myself. does any other model have this problem. can u actually buy the whole board instead of replacing the little gismo. someone help me out here please.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Awwwwww man this **** sucks ***,i was at work getting ready to goto lunch,start my car and my ****ing turn signals start buggin out, and i'm like what the hell is going on now. i love the car but damn i think the 03 is the worst of them all. its an electrical nightmare. changed my door acuators,and window motors at least once in each door. i'm buggin out and now this,its got me pissed. i've never had such bad luck,and not so sure i can fix this **** myself. does any other model have this problem. can u actually buy the whole board instead of replacing the little gismo. someone help me out here please.
yes you can buy it but it is expensive man.my advise is this..calm down first,then order the relay,take out the whole bcm,take it to a pro to replace the relay(make sure he replaces the right one. )then put everything back and you 're good to go..don't worry about thngs like that.everything can be fixed easily...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

hey guys listen, i spoke with HYUNDAI MOTORS OF AMERICA, they said its not a re-call on the BCM for all the '03's cause they never had any complaints about this situation,but all of us who have had a problem with it or replaced it would call up and tell the lady i spoke with there stories about this then she will make sure it becomes a re-call cause so many of us are having this problem. i wanna look out for everyone on here and make sure noone goes through this in the future. The one thing i told her was "You can't predict when this thing will go,if it goes b4 your warrenty or after it, either way there has to be something we can do. its gotta be a defect in the 03 cause i'm not the only 1 with this problem,theres so many others who have had this happen to them also. Lets all get together on this and take a stand, i have the # to this lady and her ext# so if everyone wants to make sure tht if this thing ever goes again,they won't ever have to pay $600-$800 again. We gotta take care of this situation,its costing all of us lots of money. I'm looking out for everyone,not just the ones who have there warrenty still.

# is 1-800-633-5151, ext# 54219.let her know that Tom sent you. Her name is KELLI!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks a ton for this DIY! Looks like it may save me a bundle on my 03. Quick question, will a desoldering braid do the trick for desoldering? I've got some soldering skills but I was never good with a solder sucker. I'm a jedi master with the braid though.

·
Registered
894 Posts

Woohoo! It worked like a charm! Only took me about an hour total to remove the BCM and re-install it. Overall, a VERY easy project to do yourself.

Thanks a bunch ozkrow for this DIY. I ended up getting the relay changed at a tv repair shop for $31. Total cost for everything including shipping of the relay was $57. You just saved me a ton of money that I didn't have. :3_winkthu

Working turn signals FTW!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Almost a year after the diy.
Still 100%
And I even bought 2 extra relays just in case :3_wink:

THANKS AGAIN
VBR
Vic

·
Registered
227 Posts

So I did this last night and it did not fix the problem. Right works perfect just like it did. Left doest stick anymore but it clicks really fast and no light (tail, front, or inside cabin indicater) light up. Suggestions? I read somewhere else you may have to change both of them. True?

·
Registered
406 Posts

Is the relay that is on the first page the same for both turn signals.....

·
Registered
2 Posts

Amazing Fix guys - here in the UK, the Hyundai dealers want $1,230 for a BCM. I have just followed the above procedure, and it's all working great now. Thanks for your post - couldn't have done it without you

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just did the fix on my 2002 V6 Tibby, worked a treat. Ordered the relay form Mouser, EP2 3N1ST on Monday and it arrived here on Thursday (Australia). Thanks for the fix Ozkrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Question, I have an 04 tiburon that started with the Right Blinker sticking, then now i have no turn signals at all. Would this fix the same thing?. Dealer here in Texas wants 1042 for the part the BCM i think it's ridiculous, so im willing to try the fix but it's my only means of transportation. so i dont want to mess up anything else. So wow looks like the Clutch and This are common issues, im so dissapointed on Hyundai now.

21 - 40 of 395 Posts