Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to the complexity of the event and the LONG descriptions, I've decided to take R00I's advice and post this event up in its own thread. :3_puh2:

I'll be updating this first post as more members sign up and state what they will bring to the beach BBQ.

Here is the latest sign-up info copy and pasted from the Official Orange County Thread (stickied above):

=============================================
*** NT SoCal Dyno Day + Beach BBQ Meet***
*** When: August 30, 2009, Sunday
*** Time: 10:00 AM at Super Autotoyz
*** Where: Super Autotoyz in Stanton, CA (for everyone to meet up!)

12645 Beach Blvd. Stanton, CA 90680
Tel (714) 903-9900
http://www.autobacsusa.com/location.html

then md Automotive (for Dyno time!!)
7281 Westminster Blvd Westminster, CA 92683
http://www.markdibella.com/

then Huntington Beach (for the BBQ)
http://www.ci.huntington-beach.ca.us/
*** Parking fee is $12.00 ***

*** Please park your car at the parking lot located at the intersection of Beach Blvd and Pacific Coast Highway (PCH). You should park your car next to a small building with the letters "Beach Hut" on them. That way, you're close to the bathrooms and the showers.

There are several fire pits. We'll try to secure a fire pit near Lifeguard Tower #15. The fire pit we want to secure is also close to some volleyball nets.

Here is a Google map of the area where we will be setting up.

Here are the directions from Super Autotoyz to md Automotive.

Here are the directions from md Automotive to our destination at Huntington Beach. It's pretty straight-forward so don't let lost!

The meet will consist of 2 main activities (maybe 3, read below):

[1] Get your car dyno'ed at the famous md Automotive for a special rate of $60.00 for 3 runs. The guys at md Automotive are very efficient so even if, let's say, 20 cars lined up, things should move quickly. I went there 2 weeks ago to get my car tuned via real-time ECU and dyno-tune through the service of P0werAxel. With only CAI + 4-1 equal-length header + cat-back exhaust + dyno-tune, I managed to gain ~26 whp over stock whp (~120whp --> 146whp). I believe that for a 4-banger with my 3 mods, I have the highest, if not closest to the highest, whp figures. :3_nosthum My car runs and revs more smoothly than before and I can feel a "VTec-like kick" as I go toward WOT. My car feels totally different, in a good way. I also got the ECU reflashed to change timing, increased the rev limiter to 7,200 RPM, and increased the top speed from 130mhp to 155mph. :3_nosthum Since it was real-time ECU tuning, the tuner checked for knock and set the most safe AFR for my engine while maximizing power and
torque.

[2] The second event will be a beach BBQ at Huntington Beach after the dyno event is finished. Like the last meet at Ark's HQ, I figure it would be best if everyone brings something again. And for those who likes to be active, there is swimming, beach volleyball, tag football, bonfire, staring at scantily-clad women, etc. :3_a_puh:We could take some cool photos by the ocean and also cruise the Pacific Coast Highway as well in a caravan.

[3] There is a POSSIBLE third event--special real-time ECU and dyno-tuning offer from P0werAxel!! For those who want to maximize your whp and torque level after your mods (NA or FI, doesn't matter), P0werAxel will be present at the meet to tune your car for you. If you decide to get your car tuned, you'll first drive over to P0werAxel in Garden Grove, which is about 10-15 minutes away from md Automotive, then have your ECU data hacked and analyzed for real-time ECU tuning. Once the tuner is done with your ECU analysis, you'll join the rest of us at md Automotive to get your car dyno-tuned and to find out your new whp and trq levels.

P0werAxel is offering a special for us NT members--$240.00 for an ECU real-time & dyno-tune plus ECU reflash with increased rev limiter, ideal AF ratio setting, and increased speed limiter!!

It will be $240.00 ONLY if enough number of people sign up. So if you're seriously interested, PM me and I'll update P0werAxel for all who are interested.

Considering SFR charges $350.00 and NGM ~$450.00, this is a GREAT once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal. The price of $240.00 is an introductory price and won't be around for long. One thing, however. It's $240.00 for the ECU real-time & dyno tune. But,you'll have to pay for your own dyno time at md Automotive, which is $60.00, another special price (regular price is ~$120.00/3-runs). So your total comes out to be $300.00 flat. That's a way better than you can get anywhere (SFR, NGM...).

The general list for August 30th, 2009!! Please state whether you'll be getting a Dyno or not.

[1] Optimummind (No Dyno--already got one) [Korean BBQ meat, some chairs, fold-out table]
[2] GeForceTib (No Dyno) [Chips and dips]
[3] silver_platinum (No Dyno--already got one).[Hot dog meat & buns]
[4] P0werAxel (Arvin and Ryan) [Drinks]
[5] BlueSharkV6 (Dyno) [BBQw/propane tank, frisbee, polo ball, some fire wood]
[6] Tuscani Joe GT (Dyno)Charcoal bags (2), charcoal fluid, tent
[7] Quartermaster (No Dyno)
[8] zzang2gee (Dyno) [Plastic forks, plates, cups, utensils, & napkins]
[9] tuca_hh (No Dyno)Cheese for hamburger
[10] byron (No Dyno) [Boombox, chairs, condiments, picnic tent]
[11] chiboi800 (No Dyno)Firewood
[12] 6_cyl_to_kill (No Dyno)Hamburger patties
[13] dragonis (No Dyno) Tent, table, chairs
[14] mccloed's friend, bringing matt's Tiburon (Dyno)Table
[15] max3099 (Dyno)
[16] Sink (No Dyno)Drinks, ice
[17] c-man (No Dyno)
[18] Arkspeedracing (Ted & Alex) (Dyno)
[19] Mr Asian(No Dyno) [Utensils and napkins]
[20] Kikassboy aka ESP Tuning (maybe)
[21] 03RllyRdTuscani (Dyno + ECU Reflash) Table, football & flags, hamburger patties & hamburger buns
[22] zzang2gee's friend from Los Angeles
[23] krnxwestsider (Dyno?) Water, firewood (?)
[24]
[25]

List for people getting their car dyno'ed (I need to know so I can tell md Automotive):

[1] mccloed's friend, bringing matt's supercharged Tiburon
[2] BlueSharkV6
[3] max3099. Super-charged Acura NSX
[4] Arkspeedracing. Genesis Coupe V6
[5] Arkspeedracing. Honda S2000
[6] zzang2gee's friend. Evo.
[7] 03RllyRdTuscani

List for people who wants to get the P0welAxel ECU Tune and Reflash (P0werAxel needs to know to prepare):

[1] 03RllyRdTuscani (2.7L V6).
[2]
[3]
[4]

** Things We Still Need for the Huntington Beach BBQ + Bonfire **

[] Chairs
[] Extra BBQ grille
[] Firewood
[] Games paraphernalia: Surf board, Boogie board, football, volleyball, soccer ball, deck of cards, etc
[] Music!!
[] Anything else??

============================================

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm trying my best to bring more new faces to the meet. :D

hopefully i can bring few... just that it's too far for them to drive lol.
Yea, it's far for the Fresno guys. Maybe once they come down and they fun, they'll be more willing to in the future.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Sorry to not respond about what im bringing, but i can bring Charcoal and Fluid, how much charcoal do you need dave and how many cans of fluid?

im thinking maybe 2 bags charcoal and one fluid?

let me know just PM ME

cant wait until this meet should be awesome!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sorry to not respond about what im bringing, but i can bring Charcoal and Fluid, how much charcoal do you need dave and how many cans of fluid?

im thinking maybe 2 bags charcoal and one fluid?

let me know just PM ME

cant wait until this meet should be awesome!
make it 2 bags of charcoal and 2 cans of fluids... lets have some firework.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm most likely not going to make it to the beach...but i will come to dyno my car(still a maybe though...but most likely).

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First post updated!! Please read!

The time for the meet has been bumped up earlier to 10:00AM due to the dyno shop's request. He needs the meet to start early so he can get all 11 cars dynoed! He usually doesn't work on Sundays and he wants to get done as quickly as possible, which is understandable.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
i'll try to come...

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'll try to come...
Cool! And thanks again for letting me drive your car. It was really nice and fast!! Now, just get those summer tires!!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
well...they are kinda summer tires already. bridgestone re050a is 140 wear rating...

i'm waiting on my r1r though since, well, i AM sponsored by toyo

1 - 20 of 142 Posts