Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It’s been a long time since I have been on this site, but I bought my third Tiburon last year as a temporary daily driver, and am having some a/c issues.

It’s is an 07 v6 automatic stock everything.

problem: a few months ago, I noticed that when the a/c ran, every 30-45 seconds or so, the car would momentarily idle very low and make a hissing type sound and then come back up to normal idle rpms. This lasted for a month or so and the a/c blew fine. Eventually it stopped doing this, briefly had a burning smell, which went away after I shut the car off and it did not return, but the a/c has not blown cold air since.
I reset the fuse and checked the refrigerant level, which was fine. The compressor seems to kick on when activated. Not sure what else to check.

truthfully I only need the car to get me through until October or so when I will be buying a new F-150, but in the meantime my daily work commute is literally and figuratively hell. It’s so hot and muggy. If it’s a pricey fix, I will just deal with the lack of cool air, but it the fix is cheap…

anyway, any advice is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Sounds like the compressor might have burned up, which would explain the rough idle while the belt was trying to spin the compressor pulley and having a hard time.

When you say you reset the fuse do you mean a fuse popped and had to be replaced?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts