Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Ive been having problems with my 07 gtv6 tiburon. The A/CON fuse (10 Amp) blows everytime i turn the key over. Here are some things ive tried so far: Unhooked compressor, removed A/CON relay, unhooked thermostat switch, and removed radio and A/C dash controls. However, it still pops evertime i turn the key over. Any tips are appreciated! Here are some photos for reference.
Product Rectangle Slope Schematic Font
Rectangle Map Organism Slope Font

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my stereo unplugged and im 90% sure all my other fuses are still good i will check them all again. I believe the guy with the compressor clutch had his fuse blowing once his car warmed up and not as soon as the key was turned over, however, my compressor is unplugged so i can rule that out. Looking at the circuit (correct me if im wrong) if i have the A/C switch and the A/C relay both unplugged, it should rule out anything else on that page since that is the only 2 paths for current to flow. I will check the engine control relay soon and if it is still good i guess ill start tracing wires everywhere behind the A/C relay and Switch. Thanks for your suggestions anything helps!

·
Registered
56 Posts
As the electro magnetic AC clutch coil gets old, it loses resistance. Less resistance and it just pulls more amps and it blows the fuse. Easy test to see if that’s it by checking the single wire to the AC clutch to ground to measure ohms. The exact “good reading” is on the forums. I think it’s 4 Ohms. Under 3 Ohms and it’s a problem. Mine was 2.2 Ohms. Ya, if you like pain you “can” just replace the AC clutch, but it’s a 3rd party fix. Almost impossible to do without removing the compressor. So with a 12 yr old compressor and an identical OEM compressor being $130. I replaced the compressor, just for my own reassurance I checked the new AC clutch coil ohms and yep! Was in spec at 4 Ohms. Haven’t had a problem since.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The horn is on the same circuit as well. If you’ve disconnected all those things and it still blows. Sounds like it’s grounded somewhere. Electrical ain’t fun! But at least it’s logical troubleshooting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts