Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home when i passed by one of those bike cops. The guy eyeballed me, and left his lil perch spot. I figured i was screwed so i started slowing down. Anyways, he got me for tinted windows, exhaust, and crack in windsheild. What pisses me off is that i had silencers in the exhaust, so the sound was close to stock. Any advice on how to get around this crap would really help. thanks...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
next time ytou see one of them choppercoppers run em offa da road

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
Well if you have illegal tint, take it off and put on legal tint. Its illegal to drive around with a broken windshield, so either have it repaired or replaced. As for your exhaust, I got a ticket for it being loud (granted without the silencers in) so I just paid it and not fix it.

So to answer your question, fix the stuff thats illegal. Check your state and local laws regarding them and see what you can do about it, if anything other than fixing them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
go to California highway patrol and have them test your exhaust. if its not too loud they can sign u off. and say u had your silencer on. i got pulled over 3 times for my exhaust and im in cali as well and each time i just paid fine and later i found out that you can have it checked off....... and i got fix it ticket for exhaust, tint, and no license plate in front 3 times!! all of those so i juss paid each time.. cuz i was gonna re do the tint anyways and get the exhaust again and take the front license plate off..... u know it will cost about the same...

·
Registered
869 Posts
damn sounds like he was just out to piss someone off...someone must have eaten his donut

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
BlackWidow04 said:
damn sounds like he was just out to piss someone off...someone must have eaten his donut
Why is it anytime someone is pulled over the cop, the cop was OUT to get him or he was pissed? There just doing their job of enforcing state and city laws.

I got pulled over once and I am pretty sure he was looking for drugs. Once he saw my now wife and two dogs in the passenger seat, the drugs theory went out the window but he still had to get me for something.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah he was a bike cop. I don't think he was out to get me, just he saw my radar detector and an opportunity.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Bwaaaaa, that cop sucks..... My dad used to get a ticket all because the cop didn't know how to read the parking ticket, lol.

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Rezin said:
Yeah he was a bike cop. I don't think he was out to get me, just he saw my radar detector and an opportunity.
How did you get pulled over by a cop on a bicycle? Why didn't you just go?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
zeenon53 said:
How did you get pulled over by a cop on a bicycle? Why didn't you just go?
Why, so the bike cop can call in the liscense plate number, and he can get in even bigger trouble? Yea, that sounds like a great idea :2_rolleye

·
Banned
59 Posts
I hate bike cops one hit the back bumper of my car and scraped it I ****en *****ed at him cause at first i never new it was a bike cop and then I backed off cause i didnt have my front lisence on

·
Registered
916 Posts
Get the number for a Referee station, take it to the one at Chaffey College, cause i know they have the specs cause i got mine there, take it there do the test, its free...take off ur tint on the front windows, fix the windshield, take the ticket to a CHP get them to sign off the tint and windshield, take it to the court, pay 10 bucks and get it taken care of..

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Correct, the chp is no longer responsible for dB tests. That stopped several years ago.

Call the state referee's 1-800 and they'll schedule you an exhaust reading at the place closest to your area (usually the nearest community college). If its under the limit, this will prove its legality for your car. Take it to court and it will dismiss the citation for the exhaust. And if you see env, buy him a beer for doing the legwork for successful exhaust testing on tiburons.

The tint and cracked windshield are unfortunately illegal and you're going to have to fix that to get signed off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts