Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to install the A/F but dont know wich o2 to use and wich is the signal cable. The meter turns on but it doesnt do anything.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
????????????????????????????

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking for the wire signal, there ar two white, one black and one gray. The car is a v6 2005. helpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Taken from my Autometer A/F installation instructions:

Disconnect the battery
Red Wire: Connect to a fused and switched 12V positive that turns on with the ignition
Black wire: Ground
Violet wire: Connect to oxygen sensor signal wire. Connect to vehicle wiring harness, not the oxygen sensor since some oxygen sensors use shielded wire
White Wire: Connect to 12V Dash Lighting

I believe we have non-heated Oxygen sensors (meaning it has only 1 or 2 wires... heated will have 3 or 4 wires). Connect the Violet wire to the "signal" wire, not the "ground" wire. But I'm not sure what the colour of the wires are... but my guess is that if one of them is black, that's probably the ground.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is vehicle wiring harness

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
sharky1 said:
what is vehicle wiring harness
The Oxygen sensor is inserted into the exhaust manifold... from that sensor shielded wiring will run up to a connector (aka "vehicle wiring harness")... on the other side of the connector the wire will be unshielded but wrapped in electrical tape or some plastic and it will eventually run to the ECU, but don't worry about that... you need to connect the wire for the A/F gauge somewhere between the connector and the firewall (depending how much wire you have from your gauge). But probably the easiest place to connect it is to splice it into the wire AT the connector.

Check at the connector how many wires there are... whether it's non-heated (1 or 2 wires) or heated (3 or 4 wires).

1 wire is easy, just spice it in
2-wires: One wire will be the HIGH O2 signal, the other is LOW O2 signal... you want the HIGH one.
3-wires: One wire will be the O2 signal, the other wire will be a 12V heater power wire and the 3rd will be ground
4-wires: One wire will be the HIGH O2 signal, the other is LOW O2 signal, a third will be a 12V heater power wire and the 4th will be ground... you want to connect to the HIGH O2 wire

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have the 12v connected and the ground, I heard that I needed to connect the purple to the signal and that the I had to use the front o2 sensor because those are ...(something) and not the back one's. I had the purple wire installed in the back sensor and the problem was that it standed still in yellow red or green, and didn't move.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The o2 sensor has 2 white 1 black and 1 gray.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Check out this thread... unfortunately my Tib is at the body shop so I can't go outside and look at my own car to see which wires are at the connection. But in this thread they state there should be a black, green, red and grey wires, and that you want to connect to the RED wire on the side of the connector closest to the ECU (not the sensor side of the connector)

The other option they mention is connecting it at the ECU (which is a major PITA)

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72165&highlight=a/f+gauge

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just want the easiest way ?????????????

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Why does it sound like you are trying to hookup an OEM narrowband O2 sensor to an A/F gauge... your gauge just reads "Rich" or "Lean" I assume?

And if you want more people to look at your thread and help you, in the future use a title that explains your issue and not just "A/F Problem?" Help yourself and we'll help you. :3_winkthu

1 - 14 of 14 Posts