Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1: It says its meant to go right onto the stock 2.7l engine, does that mean I dont need a tune? Or would I want one anyways, I'm gonna have it professionally installed when the time comes, so It doesnt matter

2: When it says makes up to 200+ hp, is that adding onto the 180ish a tib has, when its really 140 something? or its added from the 140

3: Will I be able to see the low 13's upper 12's, with just this, and standard bolt ons?

4: I obviously dont know much about turbo or super charging, I assume super is safer because of the low psi, But is it still physcially possibly to blow an engine that low?

Feel free to leave any other things a future booster should know

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
1: you dont need a tune for any stage sniper, ones that would require one come with a reflash

2: it means your tib on a dyno with the kit will dyno at that whp ... about ... if i get what your saying, then your answer would be the 140 because that is whp, 180 is at the crank

3: no ... not unless you get stage 3

4: yes ... its always possible, even na, a low level sniper isnt gonna dramatically increase the risk until you hit stage 3+

·
Registered
495 Posts
Like Mike said, freak things can happen. I blew my stock engine at a fairly low level sniper set up. Just make sure you get some kind of wideband so you can monitor your afr, and get a good tune and you should be fine.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1: you dont need a tune for any stage sniper, ones that would require one come with a reflash

2: it means your tib on a dyno with the kit will dyno at that whp ... about ... if i get what your saying, then your answer would be the 140 because that is whp, 180 is at the crank

3: no ... not unless you get stage 3

4: yes ... its always possible, even na, a low level sniper isnt gonna dramatically increase the risk until you hit stage 3+
Yeah you got number 2 spot on, ty

And to get to stage 3.. I need to buy the base sniper, then stage 2 and then stage 3? or can I skip the stage 1 and 2, and the stage 3 kit will still have everything I need?

·
Registered
495 Posts
You can go right to stage 3. It's a pretty big jump in poer though, so you're more than likely gonna need a new clutch/flywheel pretty quick, and motor mounts. If you're goin that high I would def recommend a wideband and a fuel tuner. That way you can fine tune the reflash, and still monitor afr in real time to make sure everything is good.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it seems the real question is once I get the saved up money, probably a year from now minmum, Is to boost or sell, I guess its a personal opinion, But I'd rather have a slow fast car, then a fast fast car, If anyone knows what im tryin to say

·
Registered
837 Posts
So it seems the real question is once I get the saved up money, probably a year from now minmum, Is to boost or sell, I guess its a personal opinion, But I'd rather have a slow fast car, then a fast fast car, If anyone knows what im tryin to say
I'd rather have a fast slow car, than a slow fast car... ;)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
if you have a 5 speed or 6 speed ..please get a clutch.or you will regret it later on with more power

·
Registered
561 Posts
1: It says its meant to go right onto the stock 2.7l engine, does that mean I dont need a tune? Or would I want one anyways, I'm gonna have it professionally installed when the time comes, so It doesnt matter

2: When it says makes up to 200+ hp, is that adding onto the 180ish a tib has, when its really 140 something? or its added from the 140

3: Will I be able to see the low 13's upper 12's, with just this, and standard bolt ons?

4: I obviously dont know much about turbo or super charging, I assume super is safer because of the low psi, But is it still physcially possibly to blow an engine that low?

Feel free to leave any other things a future booster should know

most of these guys here are super smart and have dont this a number of times over and over again! if u are interesested check out my thread im building mine as a twin turbo rear mounted turbos set up, its not for every one though, and theres alot challenges in my way but im hopefull and ive got a real solid game plan and very experienced fabricator on my side!!

PROS: there is no real issure with building crazy Y pipes and down pipes, squezzing it all in there next to your wiring harness, and relocating your battery in your trunk, with all the length of my air charge pipes something like 10 ft of air charge pipeing @ 2 1/2 inches gives me about 78.5 cubic feet of air or 942 cubic inches thats alot of air to have at normal pressures to in your charge pipes, now this may or may not affect turbo lag not really shure but the STS systems dont seem to have any problems, and with all that tubing ill have about 25 square feet or 300 square inches of surface area thats close to an intercooler surface area is, so theres no real need to duct up an itercooler but u can if u want to lower the air charge temp!

now the cons: and there pretty big ones, firsst of there is slim possibily of u ripping them off they will be lower than your tradition bumpers and u hit something in the road and that could possibly wipe out a turbo or 2, next theres alot of distance to cover to get oil to the turbo(s) and return, witch is the next problem u will have to add an oil scavage pump to to get the retun oil back to sump, that kinda sux, and the cheapest one i found was wround 300 bucks! is electrical so u will have wire it up to come on with car, sux also!, if your useing an external waste gate, theres more vacum lines u have to run, and last but not least there is the filtering of the air, you will have to mount the filters some where they cant a tun of road dust a nd water and debris! ill be using 2 k&n filters the best ones i can find! and ill be stuffing them up behind the inner fender wells with a splash shield!

theres alot of good reason and lot of bad reasons to try a rear mount! but its worh a though!!!

and here are some of the reasons im doing this!! lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
:m_hijacke

·
Registered
561 Posts
no thread hijack here, just lettin him know there are other options!!!! i apologize if any thinks i did!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
He is stating that he has some basic questions about supercharging because he lacks knowledge about it. Then you follow up with a super complicatred STS setup that you are finding hurdles with. Wow, that could never be a hijack.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
kick it up wif da nawz and a sid order of vtec.

then u got it rrunnnin 13's fo real!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts