Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy who owns a Lambo in my town was checkin out my "Tuscani" haha while we were at the stoplight, i had many confontations with this guy at the stoplight(Thrice), he was probably thinking what kinda car i had..."T" Tuscani..maybe he thought it something fast close to a porsche or ferrari...lol...tell me at the second stoplight we lined up, i was just u know checkin' out the lambo not expecting that he wanted to race.....then the light blinked green....uh oh....i hear this loud, sexy a$$ revv from this monsterous v12 and off he went.....haha....I lost of couse by uh 50 car lengths in under 6 seconds.....dayum if he only knew i was only rollin in a auto HYUNDAI Tiburon with $40 emblem mod....haha....He did all that mean muggin and gas guzzling revs at a little ol' hyundai.....
Earlier that day a chick in a red tib pointed at me and said something to me, i couldn't figure out what she was tryin to say....i think she said i was hot....Anotha day in my yellow tuscani......

·
Registered
78 Posts
If a guy in that expensive of a car feels like he has to prove himself against a hyundai, then he literally is insecure, or is compensating for something, or lack thereof.

As for the second post, the Armada is a big @$$ ride. Pretty nice suv. Maybe she liked the car, liked you, or thought you had money. :3_wink:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
dude thats pimp for a girl to holler at you in a different car, especially in the Armada (nice suv ) haha....naw the girl was really talking about my tib or me i hope...haha.....yea that guy was like on his cell phone and probably having fun conversating w/ a friend on how he totally demolished a hyundai....It's funny how our tibs aggravate these people with supercars...the lambo is still a sick ride, but a Ferrari, hands down....

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Maybe the guy just wanted to get on it in his Lambo!?!? I saw a guy gun in an F40 a long time ago in my neighborhood and it never occured to me he was racing anyone. Maybe he has a freakin amazing car and felt like feeling it. :2_rolleye

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I think people hate the fact that a "HYUNDAI" Tiburon can look so good as it does, and with the such good looks it makes alot of people wonder.... i always get folks say jesus what is that, is that a Ferrari.. i got NO lol then they normally say but i but its SUPER fast! LOL... i kind of cough and say at the same time Yah 1.6 lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
Maybe he was just lookin' for someone to play with? Cars that fast have one problem: People *know* they are that fast. So nobody even tries. It's a Catch-22: You buy the car to go fast, but nobody wants to go fast with you. I rarely ever turn away a chance to throw down with someone, unless I'm in the city. Smug tightass or not, I know they like it as much as I do. And with cars like that, I especially don't mind losing. It brings a tear to me eye to hear those masterpiece engines at work.

-Max

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
JBLover said:
Maybe the guy just wanted to get on it in his Lambo!?!? I saw a guy gun in an F40 a long time ago in my neighborhood and it never occured to me he was racing anyone. Maybe he has a freakin amazing car and felt like feeling it. :2_rolleye
you didn't know??? if you get on it you HAVE to be racing whatever car is closest to you.

·
Registered
543 Posts
TiGeRtUsCaNi said:
dude thats pimp for a girl to holler at you in a different car, especially in the Armada (nice suv ) haha....naw the girl was really talking about my tib or me i hope...haha.....yea that guy was like on his cell phone and probably having fun conversating w/ a friend on how he totally demolished a hyundai....It's funny how our tibs aggravate these people with supercars...the lambo is still a sick ride, but a Ferrari, hands down....
Meh... Ferraris are overrated. My friend's STi can demolish 360's all day long. Well... Now that I think about it, his STi can issue a pretty good beating to just about anything. :3_zoefzoe

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
except for my bike with a turbonator on it. i lost a leg with that thing.

·
Registered
403 Posts
STI's are very nice, I'm a big fan of them.....trouble is, pretty much EVERYONE will still like the Ferrari better. It's all about status. An old 1995 Ferrari 355-F1 may not be as fast as many of today's cars, but will still get plenty of people looking. Personally, I love the F430's!! (well, as you can see)

To stay somewhat on topic, a newer 911 hammered it by me last night on a surface street. He was staying just behind me for about two blocks, then hit it. At the next light, he floored it again, and turned into a residential street. Good times :3_smile:

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
It is funny when guys in supercars or exotics get anxious about the Tib. I had both a Lambo and a Maserati both get annoyed when I passed them on different occasions. Both left me behind as soon as they could, although I wouldn't have been stupid enough to even bother trying. It was fun though to see a Gallardo do a fly-by. :p

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Delta119 said:
like everyone has been saying... its wasnt about win or lose. it was about fun. My boy was driving on I95 and chickened out at the chance to play with a yellow lotus eslise. i was like when else are you gonna have this chance and hes like naw man... oh well... i cant wait for the day to meet a high end car at a stop light... i dont car how bad i get beat i will do my best to give him a race.... i mean try to keep up with him... give me a little traffic on the high way so there is a little shifting skill and not just a straight away...
well for christ sakes if you get the chance to race with a lotus on the twisties

DONT DO IT :3_chubby:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hehe, nothing quite so much fun as getting someone in a massively expensive sports car to whoop on you. Thus far my only “Way Out of My Price Range” @$$ whooping has come from a new C6 Z06 Corvette. I ran into a guy with a black Ferrari not too long ago, but he was an older guy just cruising along and the traffic was too heavy to do anything anyway. Still, I kept hoping that the cars would part and I could provoke him into romping on it just to see how bad it would be…

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
zeenon53 said:
I would love to be in that situation with my car.....lol.
Yeah, if you could even get your car into gear. Isn't your clutch shot? :3_wink: Too much powa! (Just messing with ya, you know I wish I had your setup)

·
Registered
358 Posts
haha, I had a guy in a ruf at a light with me ask what kind of car I was driving, when I said a "hyundai" i thought he was going to have a seizure

·
Registered
356 Posts
lol... even if i had enough money to buy one of those cars i couldnt pay gas money for it ... dont even mention the insurance on it.. lol... ill stay with my Tib thats just as sexy and half the engine size..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts