Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed SSA headers and exhaust with a HP 2 muffler and it's a bit on the loud side for me, I have read in some threads that a magnaflow resonator should quiet it down some. Anyone have some suggestions? Also I'm posting so I can post a video for you guys as well. (Whoever's still on this site)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Foreal tho haha, I've done exhuast on a few of my other cars I've had and this is the loudest I've had. But alright thanks for the suggestion. Will this effect the flow and performance if I have the cherry bomb with the HP2? Like take away from what I just had done?

·
Super Moderator
8,607 Posts
adding a straight thru resonator won't affect performance at all.
You are starting behind the 8 ball.
Support when this platform was new was limited.

If you're racing, every tiny pony helps, I usually say to keep the car in good tune, then spend bucks on the "nut behind the wheel".
This goes for cars (which I have raced in various classes....AutoX, stock RR, major RR in "race only" cars....etc....), motorcycles (see above) and sailplanes (basically see above).

A "good nut" in decent stuff will usually trump a poor nut in the best stuff.

Unless doing say....bracket racing (what do the rules say??????), tune your exhaust to what floats your boat. Power is a moot point......

Your car, your pocket......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you both for the info and suggestions I really appreciate it. So I drove the car for about an hour after work (Finally got it back) and the drone is so bad, but outside the car sounds great. I'm definitely going to look into the cherry bomb glass packs as dmdicks suggested. My buddy had one on his vehicle and it had a very smooth tone to it, also I've always like them for exhuast. Back to the garage with a welder!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I know I'm not supposed to bump old threads and I do apologise guys, but I haven't had time to add another video after I modified my exhuast a little bit due to working tons and I forget everything lol. Hope you like the sound better. I'm very happy with it and most of the drone is gone! Also I want to post for anyone else on NT that wants to do exhuast just to have a better general idea of what they want! Thanks and sorry again guys! Be safe out there!!

https://youtu.be/klm6JQLhIzs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts