Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first off I want to ask this to the older NT.com guys. Nothing personal new guy with 6 posts.

Ok, I'm to the point where headers are my next step and I am not sure what to do. Should I buy NGM's interchangeable headers, or a set of normal headers. But wait there is more, I am trying to decide whether to stay NA, go with the Assassin or go with a stealh. I am really tossed on this topic. Since my next couple of mods will decide what way i progress up the food chain per se.

And here is where it really gets fun, I grew up with a 6 bolt 4G63, and would like to buy an EVO 9 in about two years, if I am not building the tib. But here is another wrench, I love LS1 trans ams and am also considering going that route.

So NT gurus any advice? And yea I know the tib is alot more uncommon which is half the fun of owning one.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Hmm...I'm coming up on 4 years of owner ship.

I personaly love the Tiburon. For my 1st new car I've had the most fun with it. I would go with making the Tiburon more fun to drive. Evo's are ok, if you like 4drs. Yeah I know there is a hell of alot of parts for them, but then again, alot of people have them. Same with your F-bodies. I personaly done care for them. Like the power some have, but just dont care for them. Esp when right now I'm only 1-1.5 seconds behind some :)

if your looking for HP, go with which ever headres net the most HP. Sorry but I've not kept up too much in the last year to know exactly how much NGM's pulled out.

From what I know, you cant seem to go wrong with Tim's products. Hes been tweaking on tibs for what, just over 3 years now?

All in all, keep the tib and keep the DSM and Domestic guys guessing :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i thought that you could have any headers with any s/c freely?or am i mistaken

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to decide first if you're keeping the tib, and/ or what car you really want to mod out before deciding on putting money into it. You don't sound undecisive about wanting headers, just not sure what you want to put them on.

·
Registered
869 Posts
like bagpiper said, figure out if you want the car before you start putting more money into it

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
if you set of getting another car in two years, it would be a total waste to drop alot of money into the tib

·
Registered
869 Posts
staw512 said:
if you set of getting another car in two years, it would be a total waste to drop alot of money into the tib
:3_winkthu :3_winkthu :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Do you have a family ? Wife/girlfriend, baby, etc. If you do,,,then I'd suggest getting the EVO.
If you do not have a family or kids yet,,,enjoy the Tiburon and get moving with those mods.
As far as the whole N/A versus F/I goes,,,it's all about your budget and time. if you have alot of money
to use on 2K+ parts plus another 2K+ for repairs/tuning/etc. You'll also need some time away from work, along with normal down time for a F/I car,,,tuning can be a pita. Otherwise stick with N/A mods if you
cannot meet the above criteria.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts