Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, a few weeks ago I drove to my friends house, it was a cold rainy friday night. It was raining really hard and was kinda hard to see the road. Well after leaving his house, i had to do a U-turn, but couldnt see the dead end, and drove over something.. like a concrete median or w/e. Scared the hell out of me. I got out, checked the bumpers and such.. all intact. Or so it seemed... So I go home. After a week of driving, I start to notice a lil pulling to the side, but just used the ****** road as a scapegoat and that my car was fine. Well, today, it was TERRIBLE. I was all over the place, pulled over and parked in a parking lot, and got out for another visual inspection. Well, to my amazement, my back left wheel was tilted inward at the top, sticking out at the bottom. It was pretty bad.. instead of 90* flush to the ground as it normally would be, it was about 10 degrees off. It was especially bad when I turned corners... Well I want to know what exactly could be causing this, as in what could of been broken to let this happen. I was kinda freaked out when I saw this... and want to know what kinda money I should expect to lay on this for this sort of problem to be fixed. Its 12 am atm, so its too dark to really do any visual inspection at this time, but I plan to jack it up and take a look tomorrow. Im not sure what could of been snapped/broken from driving over this small concrete thing (similar to the ones that they bolt down in parking spots before you hit the curb... to give you a stopping point, except about 2 times taller). Idk why they put this here, i think i was turning around in a parking area, but I want to know what could of happened before I think i got a few grand to lay on something that is nothing more than... well who knows. I was just a bit frustrated with the situation, and want to see if anyone can shed some light on the problem. I know its a vague description, but if someone could give it a shot, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
498 Posts
just check underneath and take a pic. if possible. The other side of the car should be fine (since you didn't mention anything) so just compare all the rods and connections on one side to the other side. If anything is broken you will notice it.
I would say alignment, but it sounds like it's waay off. Either way, I don't htink you would "break" something, I don't know. Just jack it up, take a look under, and take it to some shop to do an alignment and see what they say.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I had this same problem in my old Eclipse after I slid into a curb one night. Both my upper and lower control arms were bent to hell and I needed a new rim. But a couple trips to the local junkyard and it was fixed no problem, saved a lot of money too.

So basically just check your control arms.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im thinking something is bent. because its at the same angle, so nothing is really broken. i tried looking without jackin it up, and looks fine, im gona have to jack it up in a while to really take a look at it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
jack it up, take the wheel off and take a look around.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i looked today, looks perfectly normal except that its at an angle.. is there a possibility i just hit it too hard and just knocked it out of alignment?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.