Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About pulleys

Hi!

I was looking some pullets and asking if the power announced is real or not. They say about 5hp. Is it not just decoration?
Does anybody already add one kit?
Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps lol, i'm french so it's possible that i made a mistake... I give you a link:

Pulley

Lol, a big mistake, sorry, i'll try to change the title...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, you have installed some of them? You must change some settings of the engine after the instalation?
To change my pulley I must put the engine out of the bay engine, no?

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the lightweight pully upgrade and it feels nice. You have to watch your charging system after upgrading but nothing too serious. I agree... you doing have to remove the engine. But having a lift helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dandantiburonman said:
I have the lightweight pully upgrade and it feels nice. You have to watch your charging system after upgrading but nothing too serious. I agree... you doing have to remove the engine. But having a lift helps. Good luck!
What about the charging system? What can happen? Have you pics of the modification?
Did you feels a real difference after the exchange?

Thank

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Up!
And what about the belt? If the pulleys are more little, the size of the belt should be quicker... no?
If I take the JSpeed and shark racing, what size should I buy?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'll get a pic tomorrow when the sun is up. But I just get my regular belts and they work fine. The tension bolts will tighten it up fine.

I'll definately let you know tomorrow probably about the size and pic.

It's not like adding full exhaust or intake or turbo or something... but there's a little difference. I'm trying to find Cams...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, in the case of underdrive pulleys (generally the crank is smaller), it makes it so the alternater spins a bit less.

I have am OBX UDP installed on my XD. No real issues so far. But then again, I dont have too much added electrical equipment (hids, big audio system, etc etc)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok... so I got the pics and my computer won't let me get it off my phone right now... like said above... get the lightest ones... I have OBX lightweight pullies and OBX turbo header that is getting installed soon. I agree though... there's no real issues untill you start adding a sound system... I have two 15s and two 10s and my headlights practically shut off when my bass hits... better alternator and battery definately helps along with caps and everything to keep from pulling too hard on your charging system. Without too much on your electrical system upgrading the pullies isn't bad for you.
Later.
D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've a sound system, but not so big. When bass bump, my headlight don't shut off... lol
What's the weight of the OBX one?
Thank you

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just find the lightest ones for your Tib... My system is a bit massive for my battery and alternator... that's why my lights flicker so much. Just adding a cap upgrading the alternator and getting an optima battery I can get rid of that... but it's nothing much to worry about.
Later and good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts