Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill post up a bunch of pics of the process. 1 question though, is there any gasket i need to replace from the block to the collecters?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
ill post up a bunch of pics of the process. 1 question though, is there any gasket i need to replace from the block to the collecters?
How old is your car? You can just reuse the stockers if they're not in bad shape.

·
Registered
972 Posts
i had only like 35k on my 03 and i replaced em.. its better if u do.. just in case. there cheap like 13 bucks each.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
replace them. I think my car had 50k and i bought new ones like redtuscani said they are only like 13 bucks a piece.

·
Registered
228 Posts
13 each is 39 dollars. My friend with 60k miles didn't replaced his, it was fine. Unless the gasket breaks or look really crappy, you don't have to replace it. If you see it and think it will leak, you should replace. Rather do it than taking the headers back off to do it again, which is pain-in-the-azz times two!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay im in the middle of the install and stuck on something, what do i do about the 02 sensors? i have ssa headers and there are 2 bungs on each of the headers, do i put all 4 sensors in the correct spots? i thought i read that you only used 2 of the sensors, keep in mind i have an 03

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
You will use all 4 O2 sensors...but I dont think you will use the spacers..there already isnt enough space, lol.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yep use all o2 sensors in the same place they came from and plug them in the right places to

·
Registered
87 Posts
sorry if im off topic but i couldnt find anyone else. i was told by the guy at my exhaust shop that if i install a hihg flow cat and headers ill loose my warranty completely. is this true? i though they just dont cover them!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
nope. only if the dealer can prove ur headers caused w/e ur warranty issue is...

Like if ur window motor goes out they cant say "nope u got headers... sorry"

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all done, i put the 2 top o2 sensors in the normal spots but relocated the 2 bottom sensors to the engine bay, not getting any cel :]

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
no cel is the best part!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts