Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.

We got a foot of snow today. When I left for work this morning at 0600 I got my car full of slush and snow, and I am sure the wheel wells were packed with the stuff. Parked at work and by 1400 my car was plowed in and burried in snow. So it took 10 minutes to sneak outta my spot with the help from someone,but I managed to take a side street home at 35 mph.

Later today I took the freeway 10 miles to my parents house, and as I got to about 50 MPH my car started to shake ..... and I mean violently! The faster the worse it was, slowed down to about 45 and you could not feel anything. It was in the front wheels only. I thought it was snow or something packed in there that was froze from during the day, Went to a wash and cleaned everthing out.

Went back on the freeway and at 50 mph everything was normal. Got to about 60 and I could feel the shaking again, not as bad but I could feel it. The faster the worse it was, and after about 2 miles on the freeway the ABS light went on?

Pakrked the car and went to put the ebrake on and it was like it was not there. I had to pull it up all the way in order to engauge it? I stoped the car and restarted it and the ABS light was off. Any ideas on what the fudge happened? I hate ABS and I want to figure out if I should go to the dealer as I am still under warranty.

croat

·
Banned
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well obviously ..... but if it has to do with the weather only than there is no need. I am going to see tomorrow, should be melted in the garage overnight. Just kinda wondering if anyone out there has had a similar issue .... you know.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Snow packed into the wheels. Had it happen to me. Clean out the snow and the prob goes away.

·
Banned
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea well the thing is I did and it still happened.

Anyways, after sitting in the garage overnight it was not there this morning. It had to have been cold related. The ABS light did not go on, no vibration, and the ebrake was normal again.

Strange......

croat

·
Registered
31 Posts
Were there still snow on the road AFTER you cleaned it out at the washing bay? I would think you would get quite a build up of snow in the wheel wells after driving 50 mph and 60 mph on the freeway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts