Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I fixed the blower but I’m getting no cold air, so I put some Freon but it’s still not getting cold but the pressure in it before I put some was high, and what do y’all think. New compressor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I fixed the blower but I’m getting no cold air, so I put some Freon but it’s still not getting cold but the pressure in it before I put some was high, and what do y’all think. New compressor?

I had this problem last year do a full vacuum on the system then under the vacuum add freon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Make sure the AC clutch is actually engaging.
The compressor on my ‘06 GT was great for 12 years. One day the AC went hot and the AC clutch fuse in the engine compartment fuse box blew. Replaced the fuse and it just blew again. As the electro magnetic AC clutch gets old, it loses resistance. Less resistance and it just pulls more amps until it blows the fuse. Easy test by checking the single wire to the AC clutch to ground to measure ohms. The exact “good range” is on the forums. I think it’s 4ohms. Mine was 2.2ohms. Ya, if you like pain you “can” just replace the clutch, but it’s a 3rd party fix. Almost impossible to do without removing the compressor. So with a 12 yr old compressor and an identical OEM compressor being $130. I replaced the compressor, just for my own reassurance I checked the AC clutch coil ohms and yep! Was in spec. Haven’t had a problem since and put new upper/lower hoses & a new condenser in as well ($50) instead of just replacing the desiccant bag in the old one. Not much left to break so should last another 12 years. Removing the compressor required taking the front motor mounts out and jacking the engine up for enough access. So in my case, was worth doing that all at once and it should outlast the rest of the car. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts