Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 03 a few days ago, and am looking if possible to add in ABS/TCS/ESC, I wouldn't normally care but I lost my last car by loosing the rear end to a curb at about 55MPH, and in driving the new tib home I locked up the brakes (its been **** *** weather, icey and rainy in Austin), luckily no one was at the intersection but I came to a stop in the middle of it because the tires locked and its made me a bit paranoid. I know that the ESC is optional on the new tibs, and that TCS wasn't an option in 03, but how possible would it be to add these in?

Also, I don't have a door lock button, but the 05+ do, this annoys me, how easy would it be to snag a button out of an 05 and wire it up?

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
It would be too hard, to be honest, and not worth the hassle. You will have to figure out the system, find SOME way to get ALL the parts to make it work, and then hook them all up , with wires that you don't have stock.

The door lock thing, probably wouldnt be that bad, but again, your car probably isnt wired to do that, however, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the ABS/ECS/TCS are more than just a ecu/button change?

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
I would imagine so. Especially ABS, it has to have more pumps, and its own computer module. The TCS I would also imagine has some kind of controller, and hardware to be able to control the wheel spin or what not.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
so the ABS/ECS/TCS are more than just a ecu/button change?
simple answer....OOOOOOO HELL YEAH

Its really not worth it financially or physically. If its that important you should get a different car...seriously it would be in the thousands.

Dont feel bad though mine is set up the same way and I can still drive it here with these conditions.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i'm doing, hopefully as I learn the car I will get more of a feel for it, I had my last one for five years, so I knew it pretty well, this was the first time I had driven it. I actually want TCS and ESC more just to fill up the dead buttons on the dash than the actual safety.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
thats what i'm doing, hopefully as I learn the car I will get more of a feel for it, I had my last one for five years, so I knew it pretty well, this was the first time I had driven it. I actually want TCS and ESC more just to fill up the dead buttons on the dash than the actual safety.
Well you can buy the buttons to fill it....they just wont do anything when you press them.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
LMAO.... very nice....

Then just get the correct switch (they are not interchangeable... TCS goes in TCS, right seat heat in right seat heat, etc) get a harness from Rickna, get LEDs from me, ask me to add some wiring to reach over there, and wala! you have switch controlled interior lighting. but you still have to fill one more! *sigh* :3_koning:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LMAO.... very nice....

Then just get the correct switch (they are not interchangeable... TCS goes in TCS, right seat heat in right seat heat, etc) get a harness from Rickna, get LEDs from me, ask me to add some wiring to reach over there, and wala! you have switch controlled interior lighting. but you still have to fill one more! *sigh* :3_koning:
Yeah but I don't need alot of buttons for various lights, that seems redundant.:3_saai:

Maybe a button for the interior lights if I ever get any, another for some LED gills, ideas for other buttons?

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Yeah but I don't need alot of buttons for various lights, that seems redundant.:3_saai:

Maybe a button for the interior lights if I ever get any, another for some LED gills, ideas for other buttons?
Let's see. OK so there's 5 blanks. I have:
1 for interior lighting
1 for radar detector switch (comes in handy driving in mini-malls, etc)
1 for alarm LED
then there's only two left! for.... heated seats! when I'm rich that is! :3_kwijl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts