Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

which programm is able to add a new remote to a 2004 Hyundai Coupe/Tiboron?

I always get a Error (no ground pole ...but it should be all fine) trying to do it with a emulated Hi-Scan Pro (with modified ftdi cable) and X3pro

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Hey,

which programm is able to add a new remote to a 2004 Hyundai Coupe/Tiboron?

I always get a Error (no ground pole ...but it should be all fine) trying to do it with a emulated Hi-Scan Pro (with modified ftdi cable) and X3pro

Thanks in advance!
I've spent countless hours on this using Cascade with multiple different cables and advanced diagnostic tools like VPecker EasyDiag and Launch Easydiag 2.0 with X431 Pro software. While they all have the function in the software, none of them actually work. I think only a real Hi-Scan Pro, Hyundai GDS VCI (clone or original), or the new Hyundai GDS Mobile can do it.

So your only real options are either just take it to the dealer and cough up the $50 or buy a GDS clone for $150.

·
Administrator
8,873 Posts
CASCADE should be able to do it with the correct cable.

What year, model and geographic location are you?
What are you using?

Search on here for "CASCADE", use the recommended cable.

·
Administrator
8,873 Posts
I've spent countless hours on this using Cascade with multiple different cables and advanced diagnostic tools like VPecker EasyDiag and Launch Easydiag 2.0 with X431 Pro software. While they all have the function in the software, none of them actually work. I think only a real Hi-Scan Pro, Hyundai GDS VCI (clone or original), or the new Hyundai GDS Mobile can do it.

So your only real options are either just take it to the dealer and cough up the $50 or buy a GDS clone for $150.
Sheesh.......you were typing faster than I, likely gave better info.........sigh.......
0:)

·
Registered
719 Posts

This is the first I've heard of a clone VCI for GDS, are there any other expenses on top of the VCI? I'm very tempted to buy one if I can't get any help from xTuner...

Also, anyone else having trouble finding this thread through normal means or is it just me?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
This is the first I've heard of a clone VCI for GDS, are there any other expenses on top of the VCI? I'm very tempted to buy one if I can't get any help from xTuner...
They've been available for quite some time. Just search "Hyundai GDS" on ebay and a bunch will pop up. I was going to buy one last year but the only thing I really need it for is to program a fob so I couldn't justify the price.

If you buy one, the software can only run under Windows XP. The firmware/software is from 2014 (device support ended 12/31/2016) and can't easily be updated. By not easy I mean you would have to pay a sketchy Russian fellow quite a bit of money to update it via TeamViewer and there's a chance it could fry the device. There are also functions that require access to an online dealer database (like ECU updates) and I'm pretty sure the ebay ones don't come with that function. They can be made to work offline, but again with the sketchy Russian tech support. Keep in mind a real GDS originally cost $10k, so be prepared to get what you pay for.

·
Registered
719 Posts
They've been available for quite some time. Just search "Hyundai GDS" on ebay and a bunch will pop up. I was going to buy one last year but the only thing I really need it for is to program a fob so I couldn't justify the price.

If you buy one, the software can only run under Windows XP. The firmware/software is from 2014 (device support ended 12/31/2016) and can't easily be updated. By not easy I mean you would have to pay a sketchy Russian fellow quite a bit of money to update it via TeamViewer and there's a chance it could fry the device. There are also functions that require access to an online dealer database (like ECU updates) and I'm pretty sure the ebay ones don't come with that function. They can be made to work offline, but again with the sketchy Russian tech support. Keep in mind a real GDS originally cost $10k, so be prepared to get what you pay for.
Windows XP is a deal breaker for me, I'd have to fix whateverthe**** went wrong with my first computer again as it's the only thing that has drivers for XP. last time it was the VRM caps, can't find what's wrong this time....

It's really frustrating that Hyundai made it so ridiculously difficult to program some frickin' key fobs. I suspect that the reason the xTuner can't do it is because of it's BCM communication issues and that it might be related to it's inability to program key fobs.

Do any of the scan tools you've used have communication problems the the BCM? as I've said before, I can only get it to communicate 10-60 seconds after an ignition off event. CASCADE has no issues talking to it though.

Edit:

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

https://www.amazon.com/ganesha2015-Latest-Programmer-Generation-Multi-language/dp/B073GKSRFJ/ref=pd_sbs_60_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B073GKSRFJ&pd_rd_r=8AQ2ZV7GB0BHREM7HH6B&pd_rd_w=i6TUK&pd_rd_wg=mHHym&psc=1&refRID=8AQ2ZV7GB0BHREM7HH6B

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C8JROMI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?tag=pda0d8-20&camp=1789&creative=9325

They're a bit pricey for what seems to be just key programming, but I'm determined to do this independently. I hate relying on the dealer for anything. especially if a new BCM might be an order in my future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts