Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend was considering adding the NGM Assassin but he has about 70k miles on it and it's always been stock. Any ideas if it's going to cause any problems at about 100k? For now, he's probably going to just add I/H. Any ideas if it's too late to add the supercarger?

·
Banned
312 Posts
If he's been impeccable about maintenance and whatnot, he should be 'alright' Definitely do a compression test first and get an idea of what the health of the internals are.

·
Registered
259 Posts
He might want to consider the price of the supercharger, labor, additional aftermarket parts, ect. vs. the value of a Tiburon with 70k on it.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Personally i'd just do i/h/e and call it a day with a car over 70K miles.
Cause you might be able to squeeze out a good 150K out of a non-f/i car with good maintenance.
Not to say that others have gotten higher mileage,,,,just seems too late in the game for such an
expensive mod. Perhaps pay off the tib,,,get another one and f/i that one ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ViolentB said:
Personally i'd just do i/h/e and call it a day with a car over 70K miles.
Cause you might be able to squeeze out a good 150K out of a non-f/i car with good maintenance.
Not to say that others have gotten higher mileage,,,,just seems too late in the game for such an
expensive mod. Perhaps pay off the tib,,,get another one and f/i that one ?
ok thx for the advice. i have another question now =P

After the car's mileages are too high and doesnt work properly, do people usually just discard their car and buy a new one?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I wouldn't do it if I were him. I would just do minor changes (like SRI).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts