Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i think the tab would still break. this doesnt replace the tab, it just bolts on like the stock links but "pre loading" i would think would cause the tabs to break quicker

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05Tib said:
i think the tab would still break. this doesnt replace the tab, it just bolts on like the stock links but "pre loading" i would think would cause the tabs to break quicker
Yeah but I was thinking maybe being able to adjust the length of the link would allow there to be less pressure put onto the tab, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
true.. but would adjusting for less stress means the swaybar would serve less purpose?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
These are pretty sweet. Never heard of powergrid before. 155.00 is pretty steep. I was thinking more like 50.00 a set. Still i might have to get these.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i would be interested to see if they work. I am just questionble about it. I tend to worry about the tabs breaking but if they do i guess ill have an exscuse for a new suspension right? haha

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Belive it or not, our stock units are pretty danm strong. I ran the eibach front and rear swaybar's (see thick as hell) with the quest coilovers for over a year. most of that time i had the front swaybar accidentally preloaded on one side adding more pressure than their should have been. After over a year of running this way one of the front link's finally started to get noisy before i replaced it. They look dinky and what not but they're pretty danm strong.

·
Banned
64 Posts
Those are not "adjustable" in the sense of any great value. Those (and you'd only really need ONE of them) allow you to remove any preload you may have due to inbalanced of the mounts, spring heights, and corner weights.

An "adjustable sway bar" is one that you can change the roll resistance in. That's done by changing the point of attachment of the drop link relative to the bend. Think bars you've seen with three holes in them. Not universally adjustable but it's a start. Three ponts to select frrom with the softest roll resistance being the hole farthest to the end. Race car parts are done with a clamp on slider.

Don't confuse these with a true adjustable bar.

While one might argue you can preload the bar with such a drop link (true) you'll be jacking weight all the time. In one corner it might be what you need, in the other not. And in a straight line if you have to much weight jack it'll effect turn in and braking as one corner is heavy, the other not.

If you have to have one, split a set with a buddy. You can fit one to one side of the car only and back out any preload you have in the bar now. And on a car of 3200lbs or so you can have a lot of load before it's going to make much difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts