Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
The only suggestion I have is verify that the pinout that you have is the way your car is actually wired.

I would use a VOM to check the wiring and make sure that all the FIC signal in and outs are tied in right. If any of them are wrong it would run fine with the bypass in but not with the FIC plugged in.

My Tib factory ETM manual showed the wrong color code for the rear O2 sensor signal wire and it tossed a CEL for the rear O2 when I first hooked it up until I checked the O2 wires out with a VOM.

I didn't use a wiring diagram when I installed my FIC. I extended the FIC harness and made all my connections in the engine bay, my FIC worked great from the start until I hooked the rear O2 sensor up.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I would definitely suggest finding your ECM diagram and going from there. I'm sure you have something switched up no codes should be tossed for starters so that's definitely where trouble shooting should begin period.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got it fixed. i re-wired it in again and had the same problems..... this time i hardwired the harness to the ecu inside the ecm casing on the circuit board (4-5 hour job) and strapped the fic to the stock ecu and had a 3-4 inch harness coming out the side of the ecm casing to the fic. Eventually i just flashed z107.hex to the ecu and all the sudden my maf in and maf out display were identical on the gauges and my fuel trims went back to zero and the car idles fine now. install was never an issue, the z110.hex file was totally screwing with the ecm enough that it ran like ***. I also mess with the MAP signal scaling map and set that to percentage mode and clamped the map sensor at 5v and all is ok so far.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Glad you got it all figured out. The FIC can be a bear with a lot more wires than a normal piggyback. More wires = more failure points. ;)

So basically you spent 4-5 extra hours and turned out to be a firmware issue?

Oh, and in my experience the Hyundai ECU doesn't like to see more than 4.45 volts for the MAP sensor...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
haha I told you to check the firmware but it's all good bud glad you found the issue out!
Well i cant say the 4-5 hours was wasted time. Atleast i got a clean install out of it with literally NO harness as its hardwired directly to the ECM pcb now...

As for the map sensor voltage 4.45 is roughly atmospheic??? If so ill just set the clamp there.

Fox, thats the thing, i checked the firmware and flashed z110.hex which everyone swore by and had said it was perfectly fine and worked..... guess not......

Oh well. Whats done is done. its finally working now and thats all that matters.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Update: installed 850cc injectors...........car runs like **** all over the place. did global correction for larger injectors to get it started and tried to get it running around town OFF boost.... this thing is just a total pain in the ***... does not want to run right...tried tuning with a friend to iron out the AFRs off boost and the car just refuses to cooperate.....

Ive pretty much had it with this thing...... Dave you got any ideas here on what i can do possibly??? im about to pull my hair out and just go with the KFX megasquirt setup so i dont have to deal with OBD2 and the FIC.... just not worth it....

·
Registered
905 Posts
throwing codes or just rough oh and you shouldn't clamp the maf or rather dont set the maf into percentage mode if you're not tuning it at all. It's just going to act like the way it is till you set numbers in the MAFs MAP. You know rough ****** piss poor ill ya know.....

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Sorry, don't have any suggestions. The megasquirt or dual rail setup might be your only options. The reason why I prefer dual rail over standalone is zero tuning needed off boost. Zero. lol

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Sorry, don't have any suggestions. The megasquirt or dual rail setup might be your only options. The reason why I prefer dual rail over standalone is zero tuning needed off boost. Zero. lol
Zero...yeah i like that word. LOL

seriously, at one point i tuned that hesitation to take off perfectly. then i disconnected my battery and my tune went to crap after that...I really hate tuning off boost.
I;m sure guys with zero experience will too.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
What condition are your injectors? If your scaling down 850cc, then they're running 2? 3? % duty? If that's the case, a dirty or unmatched set of injectors could cause some of your issues. The guy who did my injectors does a 15second 3ms pulse test, which is close to what your doing at idle. Injectors that flowed within a percent or two at 80% were off over 10%. Having injectors unmatched by that amount would be a real pain to tune.

Do you need injectors that big?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well. ive given up. im removing the FIC and putting it up for sale, i just dont have the patience to play around like this and run 10:1-11:1 afr all the time and risk trashing my motor.

Dual rail setup it is...... i like the drivability of my car when its got stock injectors and the ability to pass emissions easily.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts