Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
You should be able to rewire your FIC to run the dual rail setup...
Heh, not really...... its wired into my ECU on the PCB at the ecu connector. The harness is about 4 inches long total now. I mean i GUESS i could trash the ecu and get another one and then cut the aem fic harnesses off the old ecu and lengthen the harness but........ i decided to just go with something that works and has been proven before (smt6). i gave in and just bought one.

Anyway thats a double fail on my part. could have gotten a dual rail slightly cheaper and used my fic but i didn't think of that....... Oh well...

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Remember I told you the SMT6 cannot control timing. Also doesn't the FIC have separate outputs to control subinjectors? So you could leave stock injectors are primaries or get 290's for E85?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Remember I told you the SMT6 cannot control timing. Also doesn't the FIC have separate outputs to control subinjectors? So you could leave stock injectors are primaries or get 290's for E85?
Crap, well i was told diffrent by jattus on the timing control. As for the fic, it does control up to 6 sub injectors but i didn't realize that initially until after i ordered the smt6 already.....

So for e85 id have to throw 290 injectors in and trim them with the FIC (as its wired to work with primary injectors) and then just have a dual map switch setup on the fic so i can switch between e85 off boost tune and 93 pump gas tune on the 290cc injectors. As for the smt6 does it have dual map setup via a swtich also??? or would i have to load the tune via a pc again for e85???

As for the Whole entire setup, i guess what i could do is just run the FIC for the primary 290cc injectors (for e85 and pump gas) for OFF BOOST only and controlling timing, and then use the 850ccs in the 2nd rail controlled by the smt6 to add fuel for boost.

Unless i can control 4 primary injectors with the SMT6 and 4 sub injectors at the same time...... i know the FIC wont allow for this, its either Primary or sub injector control.

The whole thing just sounds like a crappy mess.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
I'm not sure why Matt told you the SMT6 can control timing. You should've looked through the Engine Management section for answers, or PM'd beforehand. The only one I've gotten to work with timing is the TF10, which I am running. The SMT6 can manipulate the OE MAP sensor to adjust fuel control of the primaries as well as control the subinjectors. It doesn't control pulse width directly like the F/IC.
To run E85 you'll need larger primaries like 290cc ones for the off boost fuel control. Then your HUGE secondaries will be fired by the SMT6 or FIC during boosted conditions. You won't need to do any fuel adjustments for off boost with 290cc primaries as the OE ECU will trim them out automagically. To optimize the E85 usage though you'll need some way to manipulate the OE MAP for fine tuning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have z107 firmware to share? I cannot find it anywhere and i updated myself to z110 and it screwed over the idle and now wont start at all on the same cal file

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does anyone have z107 firmware to share? I cannot find it anywhere and i updated myself to z110 and it screwed over the idle and now wont start at all on the same cal file
This is a 10 year old post I doubt any will reply to you, just make your own post

·
Registered
97 Posts
I won't be back at my place to check for 6 months, but I thought they were both included in the AEM FIC firmware and you just select which one to use when you reflash it. If anything I would download the AEM FIC firmware from AEM's website and reflash your FIC to the right one.

This site was helpful in setting up my FIC:

Also Summit Racing has really good videos on installing and tuning:

Good luck, and hope it works out well. I've been running an FIC 6 on my tib for over a year now and it has been working well. It takes some time to learn and tune it but my LTFT is 0 which larger injectors and a supercharger with a good AFR in closed and open loop, so it can be done.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts