Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will need to sticky I've gone ahead and re-amped the previous wiring guide for the i4 that people were having issues with and also the V6.

V6 Diagram

i4 Diagram

Extras

Before start up & tuning beings follow:

PLEASE SAVE CALIBRATION(S) BEFORE CONTINUING! Disconnect the FIC from the USB port and make sure NO POWER is going into the FIC before starting any of the procedures below:

Reflashing the FIC

How to Verify Firmware:

1. Go into the FIC software and click on file. Scroll down and click on "Get Slave Version."
2. Follow instructions until you get the "Form 1" window.
3. Unplug the USB cable from the FIC. Press and hold the Re-flashing button on the FIC while plugging the USB cable back into the FIC. Continue to hold the button for 5 seconds and click the continue button in the software.
4. The “Form1” window will appear and display the firmware version.

How to Load Firmware

1. Go into the FIC software and click on file. Scroll down and click on "Flash FIC."
2. The Re-flash window should pop up. Click on "x300" or higher.
3. Follow instructions until you get the "Form 1" window.
4. Unplug the USB cable from the FIC. Press and hold the Re-flashing button on the FIC while plugging the USB cable back into the FIC. Continue to hold the button for 5 seconds and click the continue button in the software.
5. If done correctly you will see a "re-flashing" window and the software transmitting data to the FIC.
6. Wait until you see "Flashing completed!" in green and click ok.
7. Disconnect the FIC from the USB and plug it back in to do a hard reset.
8. Repeat steps 1-6 to load in "zXXX".

Z- Firmware, Fueling
X- Calibration, PC Software

X300 is the calibration and PC Software needed and z110.hex is for firmware and fueling unless you have throttle issues when stepping on the gas and it hesitates to accelerate, then z107.hex is needed.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for more votes and also a base cal file for Fuel and ignition soon or if you have my mods I'll throw in the complete tuning information. But it will vary with different areas of the states or internationally.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you. This helps me a lot when I build my another engine with twin turbos.
I was thinking to use fic with it or mapecu 2. Time will tell but this is very good infos.

·
Registered
458 Posts
hey smoke i'll send u how i wire mine so that i can replace the front narrow-band with the wide-band and still not throw codes... i don't wanna weld in a bung on the stock manifolds... just seems like it'd be stupid lol

i guess i should link to his in the how-to just so i don't have to continue to update the how-to ^_^

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
hey smoke i'll send u how i wire mine so that i can replace the front narrow-band with the wide-band and still not throw codes... i don't wanna weld in a bung on the stock manifolds... just seems like it'd be stupid lol

i guess i should link to his in the how-to just so i don't have to continue to update the how-to ^_^
Could you send me that too? I was considering doing it with a microprocessor, but it seemed like overkill...

·
Registered
458 Posts
lol yeah that'd be a little bit overkill :) i'll let u know once i figure it out (cause i will) but i don't get my car back till wednesday (possibly thursday) and now that i just realized i need even bigger injectors and possibly a fuel pump... it may take another day lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
ok there is one typo i think on this i just read all of it... ok so The O2 bank 2 it says to hook up to B11 but on the Injector 5 out put says to hook up to B11.. just seeing whats up. im looking at the V6 wiring

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
... The O2 bank 2 it says to hook up to B11 but on the Injector 5 out put says to hook up to B11.....
No sticky until this is corrected and verified. This is the kind of stuff that will ruin a car.

Don't get me wrong, it should be stickied, but after its proven by several successful projects.

Just saying ... better safe then sorry, and all that crap ...

For what it's worth, here is some Beta II info for a turbo set up using the FIC .. Turbo docs

·
Registered
406 Posts
ok it should be B1 for the bank 2.. i just looked it up

1 - 20 of 103 Posts