Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well first off there probley is a thread about this but i cant find it so srry for the report. B

I just got done installing my new AEM Cold air intake and i hear a loud hissing sound near the filter. My question is, is this just from the air flow or could they be a loose clamp? or bad filter?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
no its normal, its makes a whistling/hissing noise (how ever u wanna describe it) and its a little louder upon start up

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Yeah it quiets down once the Idle settles down .

·
Registered
939 Posts
I've come to love the hiss...

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
what about a resonance sound at around 5k? Only way I can describe it is a trumpeting sound. I have rubber all around the hole that the intake goes into, it was rubbing a bit, but it still makes that awful sound. Is that just the sound of the engine?

·
Registered
225 Posts
what about a resonance sound at around 5k? Only way I can describe it is a trumpeting sound. I have rubber all around the hole that the intake goes into, it was rubbing a bit, but it still makes that awful sound. Is that just the sound of the engine?
This is the sound that put fear in the mind of shitvic drivers lol :3_zoefzoe I love that growling it sounds like a beast.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Lol, it just doesn't sound right to me, like the engine is really stuggling in those RPMs. Otherwise the engine does sound pretty sweet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol, it just doesn't sound right to me, like the engine is really stuggling in those RPMs. Otherwise the engine does sound pretty sweet.

Well its my second day driving around with my AEM intake and i finaly got to go WOT today and wow the sound is amazing. all i need now are some headers

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
u need exhaust to go with those headers or headers is pointless to do

·
Registered
332 Posts
This is the sound that put fear in the mind of shitvic drivers lol :3_zoefzoe I love that growling it sounds like a beast.
I just put mine on today and that growl when I mash the gas is just amazing. Like a jungle predator!
The first thing that came to mind was..... it sounds like it wants to eat something. :m_rambo:

The weather was nice here today and a lot of folks had their car windows down. So it was fun to see all the heads turn when I got on it.

I just hope the filter is tough enough to take it. I keep envisioning the filter disintegrating and getting sucked up the pipe. Akkkk!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts