Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well first off there probley is a thread about this but i cant find it so srry for the report. B

I just got done installing my new AEM Cold air intake and i hear a loud hissing sound near the filter. My question is, is this just from the air flow or could they be a loose clamp? or bad filter?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
no its normal, its makes a whistling/hissing noise (how ever u wanna describe it) and its a little louder upon start up

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
Yeah it quiets down once the Idle settles down .

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I've come to love the hiss...

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
what about a resonance sound at around 5k? Only way I can describe it is a trumpeting sound. I have rubber all around the hole that the intake goes into, it was rubbing a bit, but it still makes that awful sound. Is that just the sound of the engine?

·
Registered
225 Posts
what about a resonance sound at around 5k? Only way I can describe it is a trumpeting sound. I have rubber all around the hole that the intake goes into, it was rubbing a bit, but it still makes that awful sound. Is that just the sound of the engine?
This is the sound that put fear in the mind of shitvic drivers lol :3_zoefzoe I love that growling it sounds like a beast.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
u need exhaust to go with those headers or headers is pointless to do

·
Registered
544 Posts
This is the sound that put fear in the mind of shitvic drivers lol :3_zoefzoe I love that growling it sounds like a beast.
I just put mine on today and that growl when I mash the gas is just amazing. Like a jungle predator!
The first thing that came to mind was..... it sounds like it wants to eat something. :m_rambo:

The weather was nice here today and a lot of folks had their car windows down. So it was fun to see all the heads turn when I got on it.

I just hope the filter is tough enough to take it. I keep envisioning the filter disintegrating and getting sucked up the pipe. Akkkk!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.