Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got an AEM SRI used for free from my friend that just tt's his 350z, only thing is the filter looks like it needs a bit of a clean, what are the steps to a proper clean for one of these dryflow air filters

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
everybody has an aftermarket intake but nobody knows how to clean one? hah i figured just soapy water would be ok with a good dry but i just want to make sure

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
if ur freind has a red 350z with a huge wing and gay rims ive seen him and hes a ****** lol and if its not a dry flow filter u need to get the cleaning kit and oil it if its a dry flow just use water and a air gun and let it dry works for me

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope his is a silver 03 track with twin turbos lol, im pretty sure its a dry flow filter it looks like one ill have to double check that, if it isnt i think ill just buy a new cone

·
Registered
24 Posts
well i had the aim cai for my 2000 elantra..the filter it came with i just used the k&n cleaning kit and oil that u can get from the autoparts store..it has the instructions in there...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not sure if the filter i have no need oil or not, i will most likely just go to auto zone or someplace and buy a replacement one from aem if i can or just a kn idk, if not ill order a dry flow from aem

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey,

You can just use a all-purpose cleaner (like simple green). Soak the outside of the filter, let it sit for 5 minutes and wash with water from the inside out. DO NOT USE PRESSURIZED AIR. It break apart the fibers of the filter. Shake the water out of it and let it sit for about 10-20 minutes and you're good to go.

Or..

You can buy a new one from us for $49 shipped. Let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin
KJB Motorsports

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i may want to do that 49 shipped sounds pretty good all the prices on kjb seem really good if i had more cash right now i would have definately ordered the borla kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts