Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with the settings of my AFC neo. When i placed my 2.5 bar map sensor, my car wouldn't start.

Does anyone know what should be the sensor number settings ("in" and "out")?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
set it to 0 in and 0 out in for your AFC in order to start your car. Make sure if your using the 2003 tiburon set the sensor to PRESSURE.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Im going to say the 2.5 bar map sensor likely has a totally differant setup than the stock unit and requires an ecu reflash or ALOT of work with a piggyback to make it work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem with afc neo, the initial value for each setting is 1. There ain't any zero.... dvanderk, did you have any problems with your SAFC in you tib? i saw topics here in the forum that the SAFC is not good for tuning F/I setups on tibs.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
badd_raxx, you're probably going to sell the sensor or the safc, cause it won't work. it has totally different voltage. you need a standalone or the reflash, true

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if that's the case, where is the best place to get my ecu reflashed? shark racing? What if i get an e-manage instead?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
apkraven said:
badd_raxx, you're probably going to sell the sensor or the safc, cause it won't work. it has totally different voltage. you need a standalone or the reflash, true
do not sell your sensor. Without a 2.5 sensor or something higher then the stock you'll throw a check engine light everytime u go past 2-3lbs of boost. Worse case scenario just get a different safc, like the safc2. Works perfect for me with my reflash.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
2.5 bar map sensor will not get rid of the cel, it has another scale of voltage. for example i assume close to this:
on 1 bar map sensor - 4.5v = 1bar, 3v= 0.33bar pressure 0v=1.5bar vacuum
on 2.5 baк map 4.5v=2.25bar pressure, 3v=1.4barpressure , 0v = 1.5 bar vacuum.
so the safc wouldn't help in any way. to overdrive the cel you should need to clamp the voltage of stock sensor on a bit lower indication than it would throw a cel.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i don't know about emanage but perfectpower smt7 for example could be made to work (theoretically..)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now, i don't know whether to get an e-manage or smt7.... I saw topics in our site that e-manage is better than smt7 when it comes to tuning i4 F/I engines.... Has anyone tried Perfect Power XMS, the latest stand-alone engine management system product? Thanks for all the help,guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts