Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see who on this forum has after market clutches and flywheels and how many miles they've had them in their cars. Hows the tranny holding up with the aftermarket? Does anybody have a aftermarket clutch with stock duel mass flywheel? I want a setup that is durable and long lasting. At the same time if tranny takes a **** and I have after market clutch and flywheel I'll be up the river on the dealership paying for anything. Just want the damn tranny/clutch to last and try and keep warranty. My family if getting me the money to get new clutch so Im just curious on what direction to go. THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS, MERRY CHRISTAMS AND **** :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Definitely go with a n aftermarket clucth if you are going to replace the stock. The stock on my car lasted for about 40k miles before it went. I had my stage 3 clucthmaster and fidanza flywheel on for about 4 months with no sign of any problem.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jaytibby said:
Definitely go with a n aftermarket clucth if you are going to replace the stock. The stock on my car lasted for about 40k miles before it went. I had my stage 3 clucthmaster and fidanza flywheel on for about 4 months with no sign of any problem.
Yeah I just trying to determine if the aftermarket clutches and lightwieght flywheels are doing damage to trannys long term. People seem to be having alot of synchro problems and when your tranny takes a crap and you have aftermarket setup, your pretty much screwed. Stock flywheel is duel mass and Ive heard that lightwieght flywheel can long term do damage to car. This may not be true, thats the feedback and Im looking for when it comes to mileage put on 6speeds with after market setup.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty scary nobody has any feed back on this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
jsdragonsoul333 said:
Yeah I just trying to determine if the aftermarket clutches and lightwieght flywheels are doing damage to trannys long term. People seem to be having alot of synchro problems and when your tranny takes a crap and you have aftermarket setup, your pretty much screwed. Stock flywheel is duel mass and Ive heard that lightwieght flywheel can long term do damage to car. This may not be true, thats the feedback and Im looking for when it comes to mileage put on 6speeds with after market setup.
We have a 5 speed, with lightened flywheel with clutch masters FX 300 and we have had no problems, most syncro issues are due to driver error. This setup drives better than stock as long as you take the restrictor out of the slave cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts