Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all been a while since I posted, but here is my question??

I bought a new Kenwood Deck, and am getting it installed on Thursday.

Now I bought it from Best Buy because of the extended warranty that private shops don't offer, and they sold me a wiring harness which I assume I need, and a mounting kit which I also assume I need. Now after looking at the mounting kit it looks like I am going to lose my lined cd slot under the deck right now, because the mounting kit has a plastic cd slot under the area were the deck will go.

My question is do I really need the mounting kit, and if so it there a better one out there where I won't lose the felt lined cd holder for a cheap plastic one????

Thanks for your help everyone :)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The wiring harness is good if you want to do he job yourself or plan on changing decks often. I personaly think it should be free with the instal because it makes their job so much easier.

The mounting kit is BS. Tell them you don't want it. You can keep you stock one and just slide the H/U in place of the old one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
freshness said:
The wiring harness is good if you want to do he job yourself or plan on changing decks often. I personaly think it should be free with the instal because it makes their job so much easier.

The mounting kit is BS. Tell them you don't want it. You can keep you stock one and just slide the H/U in place of the old one.

Ya I was like are you sure I need it because the opening is a standard size opening, and their answer was the mouting kit holds the deck in place better???

I will talk to the install guy on Thursday, and probably a couple of my friends as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
JaysBlueTiburon said:
their answer was the mouting kit holds the deck in place better???

Thanks
The deck is held in place by four short screws. You could leave your CD holder completely out and your deck wouldn't budge. The wiring harness is a good idea if you think you're going to be changing decks before you get rid of the car just because it makes changing the H/U a lot easier. For the price you'll pay I say keep the harness but return the box.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ya you don't need the mounting kit, the sales guy probably was just telling you what he was told to say when he got the job.....in his job interview the slot you have under you current deck is attached to you deck so your new deck should be also attached the same way which keeps it in place and is held by four screws you'll see it if you are allowed to be there when the guy instals your new deck ..so return the mounting kit the made you buy buy yourself a new cd with that cash hope i was a help merry christmas or if you jewish happy huanakah i think i spelled it right :3_koning:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I've been celebrating in my classroom this year, there is no official spelling of Hanukkah, so really however you spell it, is just fine!! lol. the Toronto Board of Education tells us that you must celebrate a little of everything, or nothing at all, so to celebrate Christmas, I've been celerating everything else too!! lol. It's just one big celebration in my room!! lol :3_bdaybig

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Caker_girl....are you a teacher in the TDSB? So am I.....

And you drive a Tib?

Like myself?

You must be one cool teacher.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
where were you when i was in grade school??

ah well atleast college is one big party for me lol :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.