Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying an aftermarket alarm for my Tiburon, depending on the price. I need two new keyless remotes for my stock alarm, my dealership only charges like $20.00 CAD to progam them, but the remotes will cost me something like $35.00-40.00 through eBay each, used ones of course. It's going to cost me like $120.00 CAD, for an alarm system that keeps malfunctioning on me. Just curious what a decent alarm system goes for? I'm going to do some research here later, just thought I'd post a quick thread while I'm a little short on time right now.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I think you can get the Viper 2 way for around $200USD, but you'll probably want to pay an authorized DEI dealer to install it, not sure how much that costs. But you want an authorized installer, because Viper won't honor the warranty if whoever installs it isn't authorized.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
hey festering the reason why i asked u if u wanted to sell your old remote was because i lost my and i was going to need another spair remote just incase i loose this spair....i didn't know if u were getting rid of your old one. but i guess if u dont know how to reprogram your remote urself i could tell u,

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was quoted 425 for the viper alarm and remote start 2-way installed. Which has been the best price I have found.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Yeah I install at best buy and the vx771 and vx791 are nice the only real difference is the lcd remote but the 771 is 450 installed and the 791 is 504 installed, but they are really complex alarms so I highly suggest taking them to a best buy or authorized dealer to install, I do it for a livbing and still have problems some times.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little pricer than the $200.00 USD that someone suggested. I'm sure it's worth every cent, just that I live in a quiet town, not that worried about getting jacked. ; ) I likely would of went for an aftermarket alarm around $200.00 USD or so, but fixing my stock alarm will only cost around $100.00 USD with the two remotes.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I know someone whose car was jacked from their driveway while they were home in a nice quiet town I'm not saying that you need an alarm. But it can happen anywhere. My quote was 425 for the 971 viper.

I am not knocking best buy but the guys from the local one installed my remote start in my old car and they messed it up royally. You are most likely a much better installer than them but I am still pissed. It ruined the whole electrical system. (Rant over) Just be careful where you get your stuff installed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I work at Best Buy in FL, go there and get an alarm professionally installed for 310 + tax.. i work in the car audio department so i know off the top of my head... its 2 way alarm with keyless entry should come with 2 remotes(1 four button and 1 with aux button and others)... 379+ tax for one with remote start

·
Banned
257 Posts
riggs1088 said:
I know someone whose car was jacked from their driveway while they were home in a nice quiet town I'm not saying that you need an alarm. But it can happen anywhere. My quote was 425 for the 971 viper.

I am not knocking best buy but the guys from the local one installed my remote start in my old car and they messed it up royally. You are most likely a much better installer than them but I am still pissed. It ruined the whole electrical system. (Rant over) Just be careful where you get your stuff installed.
Installs at best buy have a lifetime warrenty so if anything were to happen, which wont they would pay to fix it, plus we dont have retards that will mess up an electrical system, second off if you wanna get technical i will give the alarm and install for 350!

·
Registered
962 Posts
No need to get defensive it was explained to me by a different Best Buy installed that the previous one did something that did mess everything up and later fixed it for me so its all good. I am just weary. I know of a few other people here that had similar experiences. Didn't mean to offend you man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts