Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I'm about to put my old system into my new car. It's two 12's. I talked to someone and they said I should keep the stock Infinity sub in there and just wire up my new amp and subs along with it. They said keeping the 8" sub in there would pick up the bass faster and hit quicker, and the 12's would give the rumble. What do you guys think? Should I remove the stock Infinity sub and amp and replace it with my aftermarket system, or just add to the stock system? Sorry, I'm an electronics n00b.

·
Registered
673 Posts
jayman089 said:
Alright so I'm about to put my old system into my new car. It's two 12's. I talked to someone and they said I should keep the stock Infinity sub in there and just wire up my new amp and subs along with it. They said keeping the 8" sub in there would pick up the bass faster and hit quicker, and the 12's would give the rumble. What do you guys think? Should I remove the stock Infinity sub and amp and replace it with my aftermarket system, or just add to the stock system? Sorry, I'm an electronics n00b.
IMO take it out. Having 2 12's is gonna be so much bass that the 8 will not be noticed. plus that gives you a sweet place to mount the amp.

but if you have the option of trying it....do that first. I dont know what 12s you have, but if you tune them right you can compensate for the speed of the woofers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Take it out, you'll never hear it back there with 2-12's. Or glass the enclosure for 1-12. I did it, and in one of my setups, and you don't lose any room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts