Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'se been havin problems with this annoying oil leak, and hyundai doesnt seem to want to fix it for me (*****es...).

So, i wanna find an aftermarket oil pan -- perhaps with a 6qt capacity (or in that ballpark) to pop on there. Ive looked into Moroso pans, and they dont make any for Tibs -- anyone know of someone who does?

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
No such animal that I'm aware of , but then again it does good with what it has. there is no need to go a bigger pan , no performance advantage :3_coool:

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
He did'nt say , I kinda figured he ment Oil pan. but hell, That's an easy enough job to do . It only takes me about 45 min from start to finish to get my oil pan on and off, or vise versa

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh, i did leave that out, didnt i?

Ive already dropped the pan a few oil changes, but hyundai dont need to know that. After that, the minor leaks around the pan seals were fine, but im still getting a leak from the plug & the filter.

Ive tried all sorts of filters -- K&N, Fram, ACDelco, and since those didnt help, i bought em from Hyundai (cus theyre cheaper than K&Ns).

Every time i change my oil, i always clean out all the grooves, and make sure theres no dirt in the threads or anything, and after its done, i let it warm up for about 5 minutes, and check for leaks then -- none are visible.

I have quite a bit of blowback on the frame and various components, but its not a huge leak -- I put in 5qts at the oil change, and im down to maybe 4.25 at my next change, so i dont have really much concern for engine damage; Im just sick of these oil spots on my driveway.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Cutthroat1117 said:
Heh, i did leave that out, didnt i?

Ive already dropped the pan a few oil changes, but hyundai dont need to know that. After that, the minor leaks around the pan seals were fine, but im still getting a leak from the plug & the filter.

Ive tried all sorts of filters -- K&N, Fram, ACDelco, and since those didnt help, i bought em from Hyundai (cus theyre cheaper than K&Ns).

Every time i change my oil, i always clean out all the grooves, and make sure theres no dirt in the threads or anything, and after its done, i let it warm up for about 5 minutes, and check for leaks then -- none are visible.

I have quite a bit of blowback on the frame and various components, but its not a huge leak -- I put in 5qts at the oil change, and im down to maybe 4.25 at my next change, so i dont have really much concern for engine damage; Im just sick of these oil spots on my driveway.
Well I just did mine recently for the 1st time. Use to have the dealership do it for me. Turns out that my dealership used a cheap crush gasket for the plug, so that has to be replaced every time I change the oil. So that may be a cause, it kept dipping very slowly like you described aboved.

As for the filters, you put oil around the edge of the filters right? Im not sure why they would all leak otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts