Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I toast the stock clutch which is okay considering it lasted 100k+ miles, and i'm about to wreck the aftermarket clutch I got 20k+ miles and running and yes I shouldve done the slave cylinder mod. I've been devouring all the information here but didn't do that what a facepalm moment to myself anyways i was thinking and I also couldnt find around here or the web; do aftermarket slave cylinders for tiburons mines a 06 v6 do they have the slave cylinder mod inherent in them? cause I might as well get an aftermarket one and replace the old one cause i dont want it to fail on me eventually, and since ive been replacing old parts in the car already

summary:
do aftermarket slave cylinder mods inherently have the slave mod where their is no delay in engagement and disengagement, them aftermarket slave cylinders you find in rockauto

really would appreciate the answer, finally got my dream car want it to last as long as i start having white hair all over me, take care of it so it takes care of me right :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
summary:
do aftermarket slave cylinder mods inherently have the slave mod where their is no delay in engagement and disengagement, them aftermarket slave cylinders you find
it's not really a performance part so aftermarket slave cylinders you will find are OEM replacements and will have the same spring inside them that causes the issue. The slave cylinder mod is more of a DIY where you open up your slave cylinder and remove the spring that is inside which causes the issue; you're not actually replacing the slave cylinder itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's not really a performance part so aftermarket slave cylinders you will find are OEM replacements and will have the same spring inside them that causes the issue. The slave cylinder mod is more of a DIY where you open up your slave cylinder and remove the spring that is inside which causes the issue; you're not actually replacing the slave cylinder itself.
I appreciate the response with that being said is it possible to do the same mod on an oem replacement?

and their are so many brands and prices ranging from $15-35 any recommendations?

·
Registered
271 Posts
All replacements will be the exact same design. So the mod will work on all of them. As for price and brand, it probably doesn’t matter too much. Just get a brand that you trust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for prompt responses guys! I can proceed with confidence now.

I have err a few more things though. I've just gotten new cheapo coilovers they're stiff I don't mind it but I'm curious will the stiffness cause problems? like make certain parts fall or malfunction because of my ride is not soft anymore I feel every bump, it vibrates more/bounces up and down a lot, very sensitive to bumps which I dont mind but it worries me the internals of the car. I mean I can adjust the damper(not sure if right term) but I at the same time like the stiffness and sensitivity to the ground's surface.

its my daily driver, i don't race it just the occasional burst

oh and since I'm about to replace the plugs and wires as well to go with the timing and drive belt, should I do the fuel injectors as well? just oem replacement ones, i dont plan to boost it, just want better mileage, and when can I do the fuel pump/filter? it doesnt seem to be malfunctioning but I dont want to replace it when it already causes a problem, car's at 118k

thanks again..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts