Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so i was taking my tail light off to see how the install of the vinyls is gunna go. Wen i was putting them back on i accidentally broke the middle bolt, it just split in half like a piece of rubber or something, i was like wut the fudge. i thought it would be fine but now the light isnt sealing to the car so theirs a gap. Why does this always happen to me? i can do the performance stuff easilly but wen i try to do something with the looks of the car i get screwed.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i've taken my tails off a half dozen times and i dont even seen how it would be possible to damage the screws without smashing the light pretty hard. don't know what to tell ya.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt smash anything i just tightenned it. the same damn thing just happened to the long bolt for the subwoofer and now im just about ready to do something that im gunna regret. i think my bolts were made of butter or something cuz ive never seen that happen b4, especially twice. or maybe im too strong.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
05iontib said:
okay, so i was taking my tail light off to see how the install of the vinyls is gunna go. Wen i was putting them back on i accidentally broke the middle bolt, it just split in half like a piece of rubber or something, i was like wut the fudge. i thought it would be fine but now the light isnt sealing to the car so theirs a gap. Why does this always happen to me? i can do the performance stuff easilly but wen i try to do something with the looks of the car i get screwed.
ummm.... Why did you take your tails off to put on vynls? I put mine on without removing my taillights...

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was just taking them off just to look at them so i have no surprises wen i get the vinyls. i like to plan out wut im gunna do before i do it so i make no mistakes. how did u put urs on btw, im just curious as to which way is best.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Most people just put them on like a sticker on the outside of the taillight and don't take it apart. I thought about taking it apart to apply the vinyl to the actual orange piece but it goes out just as nice doing it the other way and its a hell of a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool thanx for the info. so its better to just leave the lights in. one more question, of the pics that ive seen i could not tell if the vinyl is wrapped around the rubber pieces that are around the edge of the light or if they are tucked into them.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The vinyl piece is just the size of the orange turn signal so it goes right over that and not a little past all around and thats it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts