Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
take the fuse out.

no, im not joking. my air bag has been on for about 10 months now. take the fuse out that lights up the light on the dashboard and it'll go away.

more than likely, to legitimately fix the problem, you'll probably have to replace the seat belt buckle on the side of the seat. theres a little sensor there that wears out after a while and will have to be replaced to make that air bag light go away.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I pulled the fuse too, you WILL pass inspection too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
take the fuse out.

no, im not joking. my air bag has been on for about 10 months now. take the fuse out that lights up the light on the dashboard and it'll go away.

more than likely, to legitimately fix the problem, you'll probably have to replace the seat belt buckle on the side of the seat. theres a little sensor there that wears out after a while and will have to be replaced to make that air bag light go away.
I don't mean to hijack this thread (if these even qualifies for hijacking), but I have the same problem too. My airbag light is on and I just left it like that since it happened. But if I do remove the fuse with the airbags still work?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I pulled the fuse too, you WILL pass inspection too.
this is correct. i completely forgot about the air light bag, and didnt remember it until i was bringing it through inspection. the inspectors didnt say a damn thing. i can confirm this statement is 100% true.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread (if these even qualifies for hijacking), but I have the same problem too. My airbag light is on and I just left it like that since it happened. But if I do remove the fuse with the airbags still work?
that fuse is only going to affect the light on the dashboard. although, when that light is on, that normally means that there is somethign wrong with the air bags, and i believe that until you get the problem fixed, the air bags will stay disabled.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The Passenger one will work, the driver side might not. I know from experience

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It is the seat belt buckle. $106 from the dealer

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
in texas if the light is on
you will pass anyways
no airbag state.
but its most likely the pass. seat belt buckle
both of mine have gone out
the first i got fixed @ dealer and it was like 250 for parts and labor
2nd i bought the assembly off a member for 20 and installed my self <--- definitely the best route

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
im going tomorrow to get this replaced under warranty. if i have to do this every45k miles im going to be pissed.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
i have an 06 so am i effed or seemly lucky ?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
in mine they had to relocate the wires attached to the seatbelt and run them a different way as the seatbelt was actually putting tension on the wires and pulled them apart.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts