Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeh i know "search button" but im in a hurry just wanted to post this real quick....i was driving home this morning and i noticed my air bag light is on....i did nothing out of the ordinary so i have no clue... :3_frusty:

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Probably the seat belt. Take it to the dealer ASAP. The code can't be read by a normal OBD-II scanner, so you have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Had the same problem, it was my driver's side seat belt also, go to dealer to have them check it out.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
wow, the search button actually worked for me FOR ONCE....anyway, my airbag light just went on......I really dont feel like taking it to the dealer.....has anyone figured this out yet? when i take the fuse out, the light goes off, put it back in, the light comes back on........so yea.....any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Without getting the codes pulled, there is no way we can diagnose the problem. Could be seat belts, buckles, air bag module, satellite sensors, short in wiring, a bunch of different things. Unfortunately, it's something you don't have many options for other than taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
LowSonoma1999 said:
Without getting the codes pulled, there is no way we can diagnose the problem. Could be seat belts, buckles, air bag module, satellite sensors, short in wiring, a bunch of different things. Unfortunately, it's something you don't have many options for other than taking it to the dealer.
dammit......well, my dealer always tells me to drop it off.....and they do not offer me a loaner....so now im really screwed

·
Registered
122 Posts
TOTALLYTIBURON said:
dammit......well, my dealer always tells me to drop it off.....and they do not offer me a loaner....so now im really screwed
Do what I do....tint the wheel up as far as it can go, lean the sit back & drive with your left hand....this way you can't even see it on.

Mine has been on for a minute, but like TT said, i too don't wanna drop it off & them not give me a loaner....even though my girl has a '04 Tib I could drive.....it's still NOT MY BABY!!!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If you aren't going to take it to the dealer and get it fixed, you might as well just pull the fuse so that annoying light will go away. I believe it is the second one from the right on the top row....

·
Registered
62 Posts
I realize the major thread for this issue is in the General section, but I believe the visibility of this issue belongs in this Tech section.

Looks like I'm the latest victim of the Air Bag warning light. My 2003 had the seat wiring cover recall performed years ago, but the Air Bag light just came on this week. I just called the Hyundai Consumer Affairs 800 number and was assigned a case number. They also notidied my local Hyundai Service Center. I don't know if they are going to proactively fix my car is out of warranty, but I wanted the issue documented to make sure they know this is a widespread problem.

I suggest this be made into a "Sticky" for this section.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I realize the major thread for this issue is in the General section, but I believe the visibility of this issue belongs in this Tech section.

Looks like I'm the latest victim of the Air Bag warning light. My 2003 had the seat wiring cover recall performed years ago, but the Air Bag light just came on this week. I just called the Hyundai Consumer Affairs 800 number and was assigned a case number. They also notidied my local Hyundai Service Center. I don't know if they are going to proactively fix my car is out of warranty, but I wanted the issue documented to make sure they know this is a widespread problem.

I suggest this be made into a "Sticky" for this section.
There is a lot of info on this issue in that thread and every question and comment on it has been made and is in there. Believe me when i tel you that hundai is well aware of the issue so there is really no reason for another sticky on the matter. It keeps the forum cleaner and makes it easier on everyone when its all contained in one thread.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is a lot of info on this issue in that thread and every question and comment on it has been made and is in there. Believe me when i tel you that hundai is well aware of the issue so there is really no reason for another sticky on the matter. It keeps the forum cleaner and makes it easier on everyone when its all contained in one thread.
I agree that one thread makes sense, but this is the forum for vehicle issues, not the General forum. The only reason I stumbled on the post in the General section was that I performed a search of this section and saw your post pointing to the other thread in the General section. If the purpose of the forum is to help people and share info, how about moving the thread from General to Tech?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pulled off the existing buckle assembly and inspected it to see if I could repair the harness portion; it doesn't look serviceable (no issues with the exposed portion of the harness, assuming the issue is inside the housing). Just ordered a new buckle assembly from John Nance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i fixed the problem . i took out my seats and took out the seat belt buckel .
the wiring i peeled apart so each wire was separated. I found that 2 of the wires were pinched to the point of being broken .
pull on each wire to make sure the copper inside is still connected as you cannot always see if the wire is cut.

THe cut in the wire was 1 inch down the wire.
its fixed now but i need my ECU reset to get rid of the problem

hyundai wouldnt fix the problem even though i was stilll under 100 000 km warrenty but over 60 000 . not only that..
but they also charged me 100$ to check the problem, even though i told them it was the seat belt buckel from the begining.
i just paid the 100 and left . i was just so sick of arguing with those d!cks . hyundai warrenty has been the biggest bunch of bullsht . they dont fix anything unless u b!tch and prove them wrong.
liers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you call it in to the 800 number? Please do; the more people that call it in, the better chance this becomes a "second" recall as it's a safety issue!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pulled off the existing buckle assembly and inspected it to see if I could repair the harness portion; it doesn't look serviceable (no issues with the exposed portion of the harness, assuming the issue is inside the housing). Just ordered a new buckle assembly from John Nance.
Replaced the buckle and found a local shop that could clear the code. They verified that it was the seatbelt buckle code and cleared it; all fixed :3_shiny:

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok.. so the fact that the airbag light is on means that theres something wrong right?
but not necessarily the air bag itself..
so then if we crash.. the bag will still pop up for us?
so then whats the problem with it? why do i need to pay 400 to get the module fixed -_-

·
Registered
80 Posts
o.. and sorry for posting again so soon but whats with the buckle? how would that do anything?
i mean like.. whats wrong with it that the light came on?? ?_?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
when mine came on it was right after i installed neons under my seat and bumped a sensor( was told by hyundai) so i messed around again under my driver seat and it came off so check the wires under your seat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
when mine came on it was right after i installed neons under my seat and bumped a sensor( was told by hyundai) so i messed around again under my driver seat and it came off so check the wires under your seat.
will do.. although i didn't mess with them.. >.<;;

1 - 20 of 24 Posts