Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the threads, I noticed that there is a sticky for headers and cat-back exhausts. I find that very useful and helpful however, how come nothing for intakes? Considering it is probably the first performance modification that anyone does =P. So with that in mind, what air intake, SRI, or CAI, yields the most power and where? Ive done some searching but nothing seems to be quite helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that does help but you are slightly wrong horsepower gains from various intakes. Alot has to do with sizes and angles and where the filter is located, thus, I was wondering if there were any differences and anyone with dyno numbers of various intakes on one car and one dyno during the same day.

·
Lighting and Accessories
13,813 Posts
In order to continue my analogies....

...comparing intakes is like comparing roofing shingles. They both work just fine. You will not notice if one moves water 1 gallon/hour faster off your roof than the other one.

Couldn't really think of anything good.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
In order to continue my analogies....

...comparing intakes is like comparing roofing shingles. They both work just fine. You will not notice if one moves water 1 gallon/hour faster off your roof than the other one.

Couldn't really think of anything good.
ur slacking on these analogies........:3_wink:

·
Registered
517 Posts
How bout an analogy like... I dunno... Difference between an '03 tib GT Auto Vs. an '06 tib GT Auto. Different, but generally the same.

In short: a SRI will give you more low-end HP/TQ as well as hefty Mid-range, where as a CAI will beef up your Mid & High. I do alot of Highway driving, so I do alot of high-revving: Ergo, I invested in a CAI.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D its the 2-3 HP difference thatd id like to know haha, just wondering if anyone knew haha. I can see none of you seem to be deeply invovled in such such information lol. But in the end everything matters , keep in mind, not that im saying im a pro drag racer lol, but in NDRA you will see cars within a thousandth of a second of each other.... assuming both drivers launch at the same time, it would boil down to everylast thing done to that car. Thx neway guys.

·
Registered
960 Posts
:D its the 2-3 HP difference thatd id like to know haha, just wondering if anyone knew haha. I can see none of you seem to be deeply invovled in such such information lol. But in the end everything matters , keep in mind, not that im saying im a pro drag racer lol, but in NDRA you will see cars within a thousandth of a second of each other.... assuming both drivers launch at the same time, it would boil down to everylast thing done to that car. Thx neway guys.
you say that but are you ONLY gonna be driving your tib on the track??? if you want the power, great, but remember not all races are at a drag strip and not all of them start from a complete stop...... you gotta think about what will fit your driving needs i.e. if it's your daily driver, or your track car.... think about WHERE in the RPM range you want the extra power

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha bro, I know that lol, thats why i origionally had stated

""So with that in mind, what air intake, SRI, or CAI, yields the most power and where?""

=P

I mean, I was pretty sure my questions were quite clear and detailed lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.