Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of two incidents, both people i know, who have been in major accidents in their Tiburons and some or none of the airbags deployed. One just happened in a 93 tib (given, its not the new tib) that was run off the road and hit a tree head on. The passenger airbag deployed but not the driver's. He was messed up pretty badly. The other incident was also on the highway at good speed when she struck a median and several other cars. None of her airbags deployed (2003 tib). I was wondering if there has been a recall or anything like that, or if these are just two coincidental cases of failing safety equipment.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
my 2004 tib spun out of control and got airborn spinning at 100+ and banged a line of trees on the side of the road and all my airbags went off , i had my seatbelt on and i walked away without a scratch . if you dont have your seatbelt on then your airbag wont go off . because its more dangerous for you to hit the air bag and break your neck . that could explain some of the reported air bag " failures " because people dont know how airbags are suppossed to work . thats not to say that some airbags failures arnt real but i dont think its as many as people say .

·
Registered
547 Posts
I was just about to ask if they were wearing their seatbelts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question on the seatbelts. im not sure if they were wearing theirs or not. I was just curious to see if there were any other related incidents or a trend.

Oh, and my bad on the '93.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts