Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Tib come with a factory security system? The reason why I ask is because I've seen a few posts here about alarms, and people are asking what type of security system they should install. But according to Hyundai's website, they say "remote keyless entry system with alarm" is standard. So that definitely sounds like it comes with an alarm to me. If so, is it a crappy one or something? I'm thinking maybe that's why people are asking about alarams; because they want to install something better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
AFAIK the stock alarm is only activated when you try opening a door or the trunk with a key instead of the remote unlock button on the key fob. Meaning, somebody could smash your window and the alarm will never go off. Aftermarket alarms have such things as proximity & shock sensors that can trip the alarm as well as 2-way paging that will inform you when your alarm has been activated.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That's still a big chance to take.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Most factory alarms are like the pictures of the people that come in photo frames when you buy them. They're there because they make it look good, but have no real value.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
I just came up with it actually. I think it's pretty good.

·
Registered
962 Posts
^^^^^^^Not bad for off the top of your head.

The alarm won't go off if I remember correctly if you open the trunk, Just the door and the hood. Other than that is is pretty useless.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mine started going off yesterday after we closed the door. I locked it with the key fob before my wife was done inside the car and when she closed the door, the lights started flashing and the horn was going.

I've never been able to get it to do anything before, and we can't reproduce it now.

Definitely get an aftermarket alarm system if you want one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts