Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that have experienced this and those who haven't already that may one day:

Problem: Alarm won't shut off with remote or won't shut off when you put the key in the ignition.

Solution: Open the door and get into the car... turn the key to the ON position and allow the alarm to go off for 30 sec. the car will then remap its alarm system and then shut off. when the alarm shuts off, then turn the key off and take it out. Wait 15-30 seconds before putting the key back in and starting it and your alarm is now fixed.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no fixer... this does not work unless you have the KEY, some random key will not allow the remap... it's open knowledge that the dealer will tell you too...

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was posting b/c I know several people have had problems getting stuck in the middle of no mans land b/c their alarm won't shut off and all the dealerships are closed and had no way to solve the problem... Was not looking at it as a problem rather a solution

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
fixer said:
Why would you openly post this..are you not all there in the head.

Should have titled it, "hey, anyone that wants to steal a Tiburon"
lol werd.... or you could just NOT have a fuc*ed up alarm and get one that works right or get the stock one fixed under warrenty.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not a matter of works correct or not.... it is a saftey feature that your car has shifts itself into a defense mode when you make an abnormal entry, short out a circut etc.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
oh wow fixer. Im sure people who steal cars know less about now than you! Come on. It's good information for the people you really need it. Not like this would help someone still a car. If you lost your keys... that's true for all cars. Maybe I missed the scarcasm?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exactly... it was a help more than a harm... most of the time I agree with Fixer... guess not always

·
Registered
962 Posts
Its not a matter of a messed up alarm or malfunctioning alarms. The stock alarm can only be set and turned off by the remote. A few months ago my girlfriend at the time took my set of keys with her by accident and I needed to get in my car so I took out my spare in my wallet, and by openning the door I set off the alarm and had no idea how to turn it off without the remote.

And in this case the alarms still goes off for 30 seconds so it is still going to get all the attention it is going to get since no one really pays attention to the alarms in my neighborhood. Thanks for the info could have used this in the summer, lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
CarrRyanE said:
For those that have experienced this and those who haven't already that may one day:

Problem: Alarm won't shut off with remote or won't shut off when you put the key in the ignition.

Solution: Open the door and get into the car... turn the key to the ON position and allow the alarm to go off for 30 sec. the car will then remap its alarm system and then shut off. when the alarm shuts off, then turn the key off and take it out. Wait 15-30 seconds before putting the key back in and starting it and your alarm is now fixed.

people wonder why insurance is high on Tiburons oh that’s right there the most stolen sports cars. .

·
Registered
962 Posts
Tibs are hot in Canada for being stolen but not that high on the list(as far as I remember) here in the U.S.

·
Registered
67 Posts
riggs1088 said:
Tibs are hot in Canada for being stolen but not that high on the list(as far as I remember) here in the U.S.

guess I should have pointed that out . lol

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I was actually serious. This type of info I dont post up. I've told a couple people VIA PM's..but I dont post it.

I know of an other way to bypass the alarm, some know it...should I post that up to?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Yes, please post the other method up Fixer. Oh and one more thing, what was your addy again? ........................ me likey ur car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts