Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 06 gt.. 2,000 miles on it.. why is it when im going straight and i center the wheel the car pulls to the left? iv had the issue with ALL 4 HYUNDAIS iv owned.. is it a off alignment? and will the warrenty cover it? i have hit any pot holes or anything.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i had that problem when i had my tibby but dealer wouldnt cover under warranty. i didnt know why and i didnt fight for it. i regret not fighting for it. i think it should've been under warranty.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cobby said:
i had that problem when i had my tibby but dealer wouldnt cover under warranty. i didnt know why and i didnt fight for it. i regret not fighting for it. i think it should've been under warranty.
i had this problem when i had my 05 XG and they covered it.. but the car only had 150 miles or so on it.. the tibby has 2,000 so i dont know if they will cover it.. but i will find out monday.

what bothers me is that my buddy has a 06 elantra limited and he had the same issue since the day he bought it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
wont be covered under warranty cause they can blame it on you hitting a curb or something. but it is an alignment for sure

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
johnny said:
wont be covered under warranty cause they can blame it on you hitting a curb or something. but it is an alignment for sure
oh i will get it convered under warrenty.. iv bought 4 hyundais from these people.. im calling tommorow.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
It should be covered. At Toyota, we cover alignments for 12/12K as long as theres no obvious damage to the vehicle.

Also, does it actually pull? Or is it drifting? For instance, when you are driving with your steering wheel strait, and it "pulls" to the left, do you just need to correct the angle of your steering wheel so that it will continue strait?

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CarbonBluetiful said:
It should be covered. At Toyota, we cover alignments for 12/12K as long as theres no obvious damage to the vehicle.

Also, does it actually pull? Or is it drifting? For instance, when you are driving with your steering wheel strait, and it "pulls" to the left, do you just need to correct the angle of your steering wheel so that it will continue strait?
yea.... if i correct the angle a little bit to the left from it being straight then its fine....

·
Registered
3 Posts
all 06 hyundai's are coming from korea with messed up camber, the warranty on them is 12months/12k miles for toe only. camber is not covered which requires the installation of a camber correction kit. hyundai sells this part for like 35.00 plus the cost of an alignment.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LightningStrikes said:
all 06 hyundai's are coming from korea with messed up camber, the warranty on them is 12months/12k miles for toe only. camber is not covered which requires the installation of a camber correction kit. hyundai sells this part for like 35.00 plus the cost of an alignment.
sorry to tell you man but i think you may be wrong unless the dealer i bought my car from is just being nice.. i called them yesterday about it and there gonna give me a alignment under warranty.

·
Registered
465 Posts
LightningStrikes said:
They installed a camber kit for free for me. Of course, I was at less than 500 miles...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have this same problem with my 05. Lancaster, PA Hyundai quoted me $200+ to install a camber kit. I bought one for $15 on eBay and put it on with a buddy in 20 minutes. Got it aligned again with the kit installed, didn't do a damn thing.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have this same problem with my 05. Lancaster, PA Hyundai quoted me $200+ to install a camber kit. I bought one for $15 on eBay and put it on with a buddy in 20 minutes. Got it aligned again with the kit installed, didn't do a damn thing.
Dude, look at the year of this thread. It was back in 2006. LOL:3_headsha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts