Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
The ethanol you can get at the hardware store in the paint section, it is about 10/gallon. the methanol which is just about the same can be had at the track for about 3/gallon. If you search dingleweed did an excellent write-up on the 2 a while back. I look it over every now and then.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I use the autocraft -34 window washing fluid(aka the cheep $hit) from autozone. mix that with 2 yellow bottles of heat and that works well. and is more avaliable then the motocraft stuff. I live in chicago and it was hard tracking that crap down.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello,

We use 100% denatured alchol from Home Depot. If you are looking to use it primarily for cooling purposes, than mix 50% water with 50% Alcohol. If you are using it for Octane benefits and small cooling as a byproduct, then use straight denatured. We use it for octane so we can run more boost on pump gas.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
355 Posts
did you check the autocraft stuff to make sure it doesn't have some sort of silicone in it? or detergent for that matter.
Yes I did, The autocraft stuff is cheep stuff so there only gonna include methyl alcohol and water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts