Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the story from my day on the road. I live in Richmond Hill, so I was driving West/Bound on Major MacKenzie Drive towards Yonge St. There was another 05 or 06 Tuscani V6, in the left lane ahead of me by two or so car links. Now I am doing about 65 km/h in a posted 50 km/h zone, and I see this person walk out in front of me, and upon a second look I realized it was a Cop. Now I figured I was done so I hit the brakes, but nope he got the other Tuscani that was in front of me and didn't stop me. Anyway just thought it was a funny story, and if the person who got the ticket reads this sorry dude, hopefully you got a break.

JaysBlueTiburon

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
lol ya those are nothing until your insurance finds out and still counts them as a minor ticket and jacks your insurance rates. Unfortunly anything under 40km/h over the limit is still considered a minor ticket. Your best bet if you get a ticket like that it would be to just go to court and hope the cop didnt show. That is of course if you weren't doing say like 25 over and the cop dropped it to 15 over because they will put an 'R' at the bottom of the ticket to show the prosecuter or whatever that they have already dropped the ticket and if you go to fight it they can actually put it back up to the orginal offence.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i eat tickets for dinner.
4 tickets got charged (off record now, 1 pending)
5 tickets got off (no cop)

stop sign, radar detector,driving wrong way on road, speeding 4 times (49, 46, 25, 40 over),
been pulled over and let off another 5 times on top of that.

ive been a bad bad boy.
no accidents though

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
i eat tickets for dinner.
4 tickets got charged (off record now, 1 pending)
5 tickets got off (no cop)

stop sign, radar detector,driving wrong way on road, speeding 4 times (49, 46, 25, 40 over),
been pulled over and let off another 5 times on top of that.

ive been a bad bad boy.
no accidents though
Ha-ha, very nice, keep up the good work! ; )

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
you got lucky unlike me i have been suspended 3 times already for all sorts of speeding and wreckless driving and accumaleted close to 40 points on my driver license. I have spent thousands of dollars in court hearings. Now i just race at the track.

·
Registered
18 Posts
wow, lucky there, too bad for the other tib

has anyone had a situation where after you got a ticket you went to the courthouse to file a date for first attendance and they're supposed to mail you the date but they didnt? cause i've filed for one over 4 months ago and still nothing in the mail regarding date, just wondering if i should leave it as is or will it screw me over in the long run

·
Registered
133 Posts
its really funny how you just asked that.
I had the same thing just happen. Its been 3 months so i called them and they said to call if you dont receive anything in 6 MONTHS!

she said since i was on the phone she would tell me my court date and its in DECEMBER 07
a year and 2 months since i got my ticket. i swear toronto cops might as well give up haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
i got a ticket in october 2005, filed first attendance, month or two later got a mail out for the FA date of march 2006. i went to that and requested a trial date. that was almost a year ago now, and still no trial date.

and speak of the devil, im going tomorrow to another first attendance heh, wonder if it will be the same thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts