Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of hp and 1/4 numbers would i be looking at with a alpine stage 1...and alpine stage 2....intercooled?....around 250 hpp or so with stage 1 am i right?..

what level would i be at street wise.....which cars would i be evenly competing with.......?.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah...sorry..lol....im an AUTO......and i have cai and exhaust right now........im gonna buy headers soon......and a fuel tuner as well........

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
doesnt stage 1 come with a fuel tuner? also shouldnt this be in forced induction?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wasnt sure if this was the right thread or not.....because i wanted to know what kind of numbers i could run and where i would be for a street car......i wanna know what level i would be at...and which cars i would have a good race with?.....

·
Registered
907 Posts
Stage 0= no inercooler
Stage1= inercooler
Stage 2= 2.75 upper pully, new injectors and a fuel tuner. you would be running 7-9psi depending if you have headers or not.

If you want to reach 250WHP you will have to go stage 2

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
tooblue said:
Stage 0= no inercooler
Stage1= inercooler
Stage 2= 2.75 upper pully, new injectors and a fuel tuner. you would be running 7-9psi depending if you have headers or not.

If you want to reach 250WHP you will have to go stage 2

Depending who you talk to, some say I have a stage 2 because I have a 2.75 upper pully, 290cc injectors and a fuel tuner, but I'm making 251 whp on only 5psi. So some say mine is still a stage 1 because my psi is low. I don't care. If I make 251whp on 5psi, and someone else has to make it on 7-9 psi, shame on them. Just means I'm more efficient at making power.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bagpiper said:
Depending who you talk to, some say I have a stage 2 because I have a 2.75 upper pully, 290cc injectors and a fuel tuner, but I'm making 251 whp on only 5psi. So some say mine is still a stage 1 because my psi is low. I don't care. If I make 251whp on 5psi, and someone else has to make it on 7-9 psi, shame on them. Just means I'm more efficient at making power.
thats sorta the setup i was wanting to go with aswell........not completely stage 2........but half way there.....i dont wanna have to be running too much psi.....but i want some power....around 250 or so......thats what i was wondering...becuase a lot of people have told me that the alpine isnt a good s/c....and i actually think its pretty good....isnt there as red tiburon on here...i think mr.photoman?........does he have a stage 2 alpine or what?.....what kind of numbers is he running?....

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Keep in mind, that all engines are different.

Its kinda like overclocking silicon processors and etc... someone might get some numbers. If you try to run a clock that sjust like someone elses with the same exact setup, it could be different. Silicone is weird like that... and so are engines.

So one guy might get 310whp and you could get 290whp, even though you are running the same exact setup with the same boost... idk why its like that, it just is lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So what is the major difference between the alpine superchargers and the RIPP superchargers?

·
Registered
898 Posts
ArchAngel said:
So what is the major difference between the alpine superchargers and the RIPP superchargers?
Alpine is Roots type, Ripp is Centrifugal.

·
Registered
631 Posts
alpine and NGM is roots and Ripp is centrefugal supercharger

alpine is safe ripp destroys your engine.

Alpine is safe enough to be considered oem and when installed it looks stock too. If you wana hit good numbers go sniper with the ice box.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
theironmonk said:

Alpine is safe enough to be considered oem and when installed it looks stock too. If you wana hit good numbers go sniper with the ice box.
Thats a pretty bold statement

·
Registered
888 Posts
komokazi said:
Keep in mind, that all engines are different.

Its kinda like overclocking silicon processors and etc... someone might get some numbers. If you try to run a clock that sjust like someone elses with the same exact setup, it could be different. Silicone is weird like that... and so are engines.

So one guy might get 310whp and you could get 290whp, even though you are running the same exact setup with the same boost... idk why its like that, it just is lol.

CFM/Psi my friend. Not all compressors are created equal. Hehe.

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
Stage 0 ... not worth it...just save up a couple hundred more and get the stage 1 then upgrade to 2
Stage 1 ... about 200 whp?
stage 2 ... about 250 whp?

I don't any of these, but that's about right...right? :3_smile:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
theironmonk said:

Bold? No. How about just wrong. 2.5 years and running stronger than ever. Wanna race to prove it? LOL :m_angel:

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I was just being nice......^

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
GrAsShOpPeR said:
Bold? No. How about just wrong. 2.5 years and running stronger than ever. Wanna race to prove it? LOL :m_angel:
I woudl love to race at the track sometime, ever make it to Pittsburgh, PA or Hagerstown, MD?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts