Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it won't start... I just get "click" with each turn of the key. Car doesn't crank at all. I get power to the car as usual (the gauges light up, etc.) and the aquacooler pump is pumping.

I checked all the connections, but I'm exhausted and my light is fading so I'm sure I'm missing something. So I'm going to call it a night and in the morning when I'm rested and re-hydrated I'm going to re-check all the connections again and review all of the instructions. Hopefully it is just something that I forgot to reconnect.

I'd appreciate any suggestions about what, specifically, I should check.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
sounds like you have a bad ground or live wire to your starter, but I have been tried proven wrong by alot of people thinking that i think i dont know what i am talking about

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

You need to reattach the ground strap coming off the firewall to the back side of the cylinder head.

Thanks T.C.
Its good that even though the two are competitiors (Alpine & NGM) they they still help each other out

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

You need to reattach the ground strap coming off the firewall to the back side of the cylinder head.

Thanks T.C.
I think that is it... I know for a fact I didn't attach it... I'm too pooped to bother doing it now (especially in the dark) but I'll definately try that in the morning...

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
03TibbGT said:
Its good that even though the two are competitiors (Alpine & NGM) they they still help each other out
that seems like a one way street to me.........

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
deez337 said:
that seems like a one way street to me.........

Lol my thoughts exactly....

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Well what i am saying is that T.C. is helping someone that is having problems with an Alpine kit.

But i would have to agree with the users on this forum, they are wither NGM or they are Alpine. I think they are both good companies and they both have potential.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
03TibbGT said:
Well what i am saying is that T.C. is helping someone that is having problems with an Alpine kit.
exactly, but you dont see it the other way around usually

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it's not just about being a nice guy, but that's a lot of it. TC's also a good business man. He knows that if he types in 3 lines of text that helps me that in the future if I say to myself "Hmm, I want to go to the next level with my car... who should I give all my money to?" the answer will most likely be, "I know, I'll give it to TC because he helped me with my Alpine install."

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
deez337 said:
exactly, but you dont see it the other way around usually
But there also not sponcering the site.

The main reason for this is, Dmdicks is going to have back sugary, and John is too old to learn how to learn to use the internet<--- that was a joke, but serisouly he really doesnt like to use the internet. And other than that Im the only other person that works with these guys.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Check the ground like TC said....

if thats attatched

Did you check to see if the battery is fully charged? for some reason my batt died while my car was getting some goodies. bought a new battery and it ran fine

Since it just clicks and doesn't turn over I would think it one of the above mentioned....

I had a similar prob because I got into a rush...

Make sure you didn't get the ignition wire and the O2 mixed up. Yeah I know...stupid!!..lol

good luck man!!

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
03TibbGT said:
But there also not sponcering the site.

The main reason for this is, Dmdicks is going to have back sugary, and John is too old to learn how to learn to use the internet<--- that was a joke, but serisouly he really doesnt like to use the internet. And other than that Im the only other person that works with these guys.

be that as it may.....

I am not taking a stab at them by any means, I have no reason to. I am coming from a business angle.... If they dont really get into internet traffic, you will only hurt yourself. I believe they actually used to sponsor this site too...... I was given the job of creating a internet department for a dealer...In 2 months I doubled sales for the whole store. Its by getting your name out there and helping out by doing little things. I am not a TC fanboy by any means cause I have no reason to be. But I do see that he is an excellent business man with nothing but great things for his company and I respect that. Alpine could prolly learn a thing or two on the marketing side of things.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
deez337 said:
be that as it may.....

I am not taking a stab at them by any means, I have no reason to. I am coming from a business angle.... If they dont really get into internet traffic, you will only hurt yourself. I believe they actually used to sponsor this site too...... I was given the job of creating a internet department for a dealer...In 2 months I doubled sales for the whole store. Its by getting your name out there and helping out by doing little things. I am not a TC fanboy by any means cause I have no reason to be. But I do see that he is an excellent business man with nothing but great things for his company and I respect that. Alpine could prolly learn a thing or two on the marketing side of things.
Na man, i completly inderstand were you are comming from, I know that Dmdicks keeps saying that the move to Colorado has done damage on Alpine, But they are still trying to find stuff.

After Dm gets out of the hospital and can get back on his feet Alpine is going to start sponsering again. But the main this is that it is comming out of his pocket for advertising. Alpine really doesnt have an advertising budget. But none the less they are trying to make it to that point. With all of us trying to work out all the kinks.

Now technically if i was located near NGM, I probebly be a NGM fan boy, But since i am located near Alpine, I guess the only thing that you could call me is a fan boy. But i would like to stay away from that "Title."

I do want to give T.C. props for he being the business man that he is.

Chris

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
03TibbGT said:
Na man, i completly inderstand were you are comming from, I know that Dmdicks keeps saying that the move to Colorado has done damage on Alpine, But they are still trying to find stuff.

After Dm gets out of the hospital and can get back on his feet Alpine is going to start sponsering again. But the main this is that it is comming out of his pocket for advertising. Alpine really doesnt have an advertising budget. But none the less they are trying to make it to that point. With all of us trying to work out all the kinks.

Now technically if i was located near NGM, I probebly be a NGM fan boy, But since i am located near Alpine, I guess the only thing that you could call me is a fan boy. But i would like to stay away from that "Title."

I do want to give T.C. props for he being the business man that he is.

Chris
Nah man, fanboy is when you stare proof in the face and still go with your "idol". You are not a fan. I can understand money restraints. Thats why someone like DM should get more involved in this site or any site.... You know I never went to TC's website until a few weeks ago and I already knew about his products and his name.
One of the first things I did running the internet department is went to the local 4X4 forum (it was a Ford dealer) and let them know who I was and gave them deals on parts, labor, cars... whatever. In return they bought through my department and if they had a fundraiser or get together I was sure to bring some of our nice modded rigs there to show off. Its not all about customers, its about friends...... friends bring customers and so on and on

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
deez337 said:
Nah man, fanboy is when you stare proof in the face and still go with your "idol". You are not a fan. I can understand money restraints. Thats why someone like DM should get more involved in this site or any site.... You know I never went to TC's website until a few weeks ago and I already knew about his products and his name.
One of the first things I did running the internet department is went to the local 4X4 forum (it was a Ford dealer) and let them know who I was and gave them deals on parts, labor, cars... whatever. In return they bought through my department and if they had a fundraiser or get together I was sure to bring some of our nice modded rigs there to show off. Its not all about customers, its about friends...... friends bring customers and so on and on
Again i hear were you are comming from. Dm is trying to become more active with the site. But like us he also carries a full time job and Tries to help AD (Alpine Develop.) on his free time, such asweekends and after work. If i was closer to the shop i would probebly help them more.

Honestly i hate Fan boys like you said they will look the other way when you state facts. I can honelstly say that NGM has good products and so does AD. But because of my location i am gonna say that I am more for AD, also cause they might take my car and use it as R&D, For TWINS. But what you need to understand is that in this monopolistic field, they are two different products that do the same thing (for the most part) But because they are the only two companies out there, they have to be different. In order to cater (sp) to everyone. Know what i mean?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts