Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which pulley is needed for the 6-7LBS boost level (from the 3.5LBS stage 1 kit), the upper 2.75" or the lower 6.5", I cant remember. Also not quite sure if I needed 290cc injectors or if the stockers suffice (i think they do). I have the mafterburner and stage 3 clutch ready just need to find out the pulley size for more boost. I dont want my engine to blow.

Any info and details appreciated.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Depends do you mean 6-7 lbs after having headers on or no headers?

If thats with headers then the 2.75 pulley and yeah you should get at least bigger injectors at that point.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends do you mean 6-7 lbs after having headers on or no headers?

If thats with headers then the 2.75 pulley and yeah you should get at least bigger injectors at that point.

no headers, just stage1, cai, catback, and i want to keep the car safe to drive on stock internals. i may do headers later so what do you recommend I need in addition to this without adding a high volume pump and injectors?

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
no headers, just stage1, cai, catback, and i want to keep the car safe to drive on stock internals. i may do headers later so what do you recommend I need in addition to this without adding a high volume pump and injectors?
Im not sure if you can get away with stock injectors, but maybe u can if you have a adj. FPR since its a fairly low boost and you still have headers.

In that case though, the 6.5 crank pulley should up it about 2.5lbs. That should be good enough.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I'm making 251whp @ 5psi with the the 2.75 s/c pully, and 290cc injectors. Most people hit 6-7 psi with that setup. I think the 6.5 crank pulley (in addition to the 2.75) will get you around 8, 9, 10psi. That's just a rough guess, and different exhaust yield different psi. A few have pushed stock injectors, but most of what I read says you need bigger ones. I bought 6 new hyundai blue 290cc from fourgreen auto on ebay for $200 I've held off on the 6.5 cause TC says I need alky to keep it safe.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone running the stage 1 upper pulley and an UD pulley at bottom to get higher boost, and what kinda numbers are you getting with stock injectors....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what diameter is the stock pulley?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lostdestiny said: In that case though, the 6.5 crank pulley should up it about 2.5lbs. That should be good enough.
I measured and the stock lower pulley IS 6.5 inches so you must mean 7" to gain 2.5 pounds. someone with experience please clarify.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
I just want to clarify you are working with a NGM Stage 2 not Alpine Stage 2. They are COMPLETELY different things. Also please be aware that you no longer have a warranty on the Alpine kit because you have used a non-approved upgrade.

·
Registered
837 Posts
@ 6-7 psi you WILL need bigger injectors.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rsnyderjr2 said: @ 6-7 psi you WILL need bigger injectors.
sounds like i need to 7" pulley, 290cc injectors and a tune, or just install headers. im looking to go to aprox 250hp on my existing setup (currently cai, alpine stage 1, mafterburner, catback, stage3 clutch). i want to race.

·
Registered
465 Posts
you are measuring the crank pulley wrong. The stock crank pulley is 6in. With a 2.75 upper and a stock lower you will see somewhere near 7-8psi. If you had headers you would be at approx 6.5-7psi
if you have a 6.5 lower and a 2.75 upper then you will be at or near 10psi
if you have a 7.0 lower and a 2.75 upper then you will be at or near 12-13psi
7.5 2.75 15+psi

also 290's are needed on some cars. i've seen cars that needed then and others that didn't

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
sounds like i need to 7" pulley, 290cc injectors and a tune, or just install headers. im looking to go to aprox 250hp on my existing setup (currently cai, alpine stage 1, mafterburner, catback, stage3 clutch). i want to race.
Are you sure you want 250hp, or do you want 250whp?. If you run the same setup as me, Alpine stage 1, 290cc injectors, mafterburner, 2.75 s/c pulley, you'll be around 250whp (close to 300hp)
If you also go to a 6.5 or 7. crank pulley, you're going to need alky or other to run safely.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I just want to clarify you are working with a NGM Stage 2 not Alpine Stage 2. They are COMPLETELY different things. Also please be aware that you no longer have a warranty on the Alpine kit because you have used a non-approved upgrade.
lol, and this is why I nominated you for most amusing NT.com member.

goodluck finding the answer.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I have the 2.75" upper, 6.5" lower, no alky, no probs. You DEFINATELY need the 290cc injectors with that and you really should have an adjustable FPR too.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Hes looking for 6psi with no headers though. Doesnt want a upper. So a 6.5 should up it to that about right?

Anyways just curious why do you need alky with a 2.75 upper and 6.5+ lower? If u get NGM icebox, the inetercooling should be efficient enough correct? Just wondering

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the 2.75" upper, 6.5" lower, no alky, no probs. You DEFINATELY need the 290cc injectors with that and you really should have an adjustable FPR too.
you were running this setup before you made your own ice box right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts