Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used supercharger atage 1. I just finished looking at at and i notinced that there is an actuator in the back ( looks like a internal wastegate or something) anyways it was just flapping around and i was wondering if that is how the charger controls the boost??? Should it just be loose or should it be screwed on??? Also can i run the charger without hooking up the intercooler for now ....you know with the fittings just open???

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You can run your s/c without cooling the intake air, no problem.

Also, the actuator does pretty much do what you said it did. It keeps the s/c from boosting when you don't want it to (throttle control). The little nipple on the bottom should be connected to a vacuum line.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
There's an integrated bypass valve. The actuator is controlled by vacuum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know you have to connect to a vacumm line my question is should it be screwed on to the bracket or should it just hang free ( talking about the black round part). If you look at the pic you can see how it sits when its not screwed on to anything ....and in the other pic im pushing it together so i dont know if it should be left to be loose or should i screw it down ???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh and my last question is i know you have to run premium gas but rght now in the tank i have regular........can i put on the supercharger and just drive it very easy until the gas runs out so i can fill it up with premium before i go racing around in it ?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
spikydave69 said:
Ohh and my last question is i know you have to run premium gas but rght now in the tank i have regular........can i put on the supercharger and just drive it very easy until the gas runs out so i can fill it up with premium before i go racing around in it ?
For maximum protection, you should fill up with premium asap, even if that means filling up the tank with premium if you still have a half tank of regular. The different octanes will mix and average out, so you will be more protected. Take it easy on when running 87, but your car should be fine.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
It should be secure. Otherwise, it won't have the leverage to move a plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts