Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the car has had its new parts on....spec stage 2 clutch, fidanza flywheel, dc sport headers, shark racing engine mounts, and speed freak pulleys. the only complaint i have right now is that i think the stock exhaust was blown when we started it today for the first time since we started out project...she sounds like a bloody civic right now....it's urking me like hell....yeah who do you guys reccomend exhaust wise to pair with the dc sport headers??

·
Registered
358 Posts
do you like the stock exhaut? if so, borla, if you want a little more noise, injen, if you want a "drag" look, ark titanium single, if you want to sound like a civic, tanabe

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i like the DC exhaust, its loud but not ricey... borla is definitly more quiet though

·
Registered
720 Posts
I dig the mussa exhaust, bc it could be the furthest from rice that ive heard yet. its only loud early on in rpms, then it sounds like stock. but in those early rpms, it sounds mean. turns heads yah know?

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
I think the Greddy sounds great. Isn't loud until you want it to be, and when it is it's deeper instead of high pitched. Congrats on all the fun new stuff on :)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
ARK dual is deep and very nice sounding. I am sure any of the exhausts mentioned above will be great for you though. Mussa, ARK, Borla, Greddy, DC - they all sound great.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hate to jump in, but where did you guys get your greddy exhausts, im trying to get ahold of r100s for one but havent got ahold of him yet. does he still have them? where else would you recommend i get one from?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
see i HAD ordered the injen but i was sick of the company that i went through screwing me over so i just got my money back....can you say PISSED.....but yeah i'm' really liking the sound of the ark single but i kinda want to keep the dual look....there are so many choices and literally so little time.....i'll see about taking a video of what she sounds like right now and you'll see what i mean....seriously, i don't even want to drive her right now....our civic hatch sounds better then her right now....i'm just wondering if the stock mufflers i have were already blown or were they blown after the header install....but yeah to all who want to do everything that i just did, take the damn engine out of the car, it makes it so much easier

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright for those who have the ark single titanium, does it stay that loud the entire time? or does it become quiet? i don't want it quiet what so ever

·
Registered
495 Posts
BlackWidow04 said:
alright for those who have the ark single titanium, does it stay that loud the entire time? or does it become quiet? i don't want it quiet what so ever
It sounds really deep at idle and gets keeps getting louder as the rpms go up. With headers, I think almost any exhaust will be loud.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
staw512 said:
no such thing as done....
thats what i was thinking.. is a car ever done?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
drew04GT said:
do you like the stock exhaut? if so, borla, if you want a little more noise, injen, if you want a "drag" look, ark titanium single, if you want to sound like a civic, tanabe
Do not go by what he says about the tanabe. I've gotten nothing but compliments on how my tib sounds. Tanabe is awesome not to loud and a nice deep grumble/

1 - 20 of 40 Posts