Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I’m in the process of removing my alternator to replace it, however I’ve run into a slight issue, the lower bolt will not come out due to restrictions behind it. It stops at what seems like a part of the chassis, and obviously I’m unable to work it out. (Btw, this is on the ‘03 Tiburon 2.7L V6.)
Any one experienced this same issue and can help me out? Also kind of a time sensitive case.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
622 Posts
Try removing the front and rear motor mounts by the firewall and radiator (more accurately known as trans mounts) so you can roll the motor forward or backwards to clear the subframe with that bolt.

·
Registered
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try removing the front and rear motor mounts by the firewall and radiator (more accurately known as trans mounts) so you can roll the motor forward or backwards to clear the subframe with that bolt.
Thank you! I got it figured out, it was more simple than I expected, but fun fact if you ever have to do the same, the lower bolt is actually resting on a slotted set up so you simply have to push up on the alternator to get it out of position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts