Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering whats your general alternator output. I think I might have to get mine repleced pretty soon.

The car ON without any lights or A/C reads about 13.2-13.5, it almost never passes 13.8

With the A/C on it reads around 12.7

And with the light and A/C con it reads around 11.9-12.3

I think it's suppose to read close to 14.1, but I'm not sure.... can I have your input?

·
Registered
465 Posts
it should be a little higher. get ready because i heard a new alternater is kinda pricey

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wxman25 said:
it should be a little higher. get ready because i heard a new alternater is kinda pricey

yea I know.... there is a local guy at my town that rebuilds them while you wait..... but still.... I guess I'll have to go to an advance autoparts or something to have it tested. Do you happen to know what the normal output rate is?

·
Registered
78 Posts
My Tib puts out about 14.4 on my alternator. It sounds like your battery is just ******. Mine used to do about the same but now it's better

·
Registered
465 Posts
jovanie said:
yea I know.... there is a local guy at my town that rebuilds them while you wait..... but still.... I guess I'll have to go to an advance autoparts or something to have it tested. Do you happen to know what the normal output rate is?

not off the top of my head

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, but I think it's like only for 2 years.....I also have an Alpine SC and don'r really want them to see it

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i got mine tested at the dealer around last month, i'm pretty sure my results were pretty similar to yours actually and they said it was just fine

if i can find that invoice somewhere i could make sure but i think i might have thrown in away already...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts